Performance Box

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Tim
I've been looking at this unit for a while and read a few reviews.Have you tried it while driving round the track and is the screen large enough? One review said the screen was a bit small.If it's good for lap times while driving I'm very keen and all the other features a bonus.

Ross

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Yes your right about reaching the unit when strapped in Tim I can only just reach the dash.I'll have a good look at the AIM unit it sounds very much like a Motec clone. I was intrigued with the GPS unit you can shift from car to car, I'm interested in logging G forces through corners too.I would like to borrow your unit Andrew, is it free for March 1st and 2nd? I'm entering the first meeting for the year at Sandown,well I will if I can get my license issues sorted.

Ross

Ross, the AIM dash is like the Motec ADL but much cheaper. We had ADL's in our Hayabusa clubman's a few years back, but the Motec gear is soooo exy!
The AIM unit does heaps of logging and is a great unit. If you are looking to log g forces, steering angles etc, then the AIM dash would be a good call.

Whilst on geeky things:
At wakefield the other week, Dave was racing the Elise with a small laptop strapped in. He has set up a remote log-in, and had his mate in england logged into the ECU looking at live fuel, lambda, oil etc while he was racing!! Amazing that this technology is available to us neville nobody's these days. Not so many years ago it was formula one stuff.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Tim that has taken telemetry to new heights.I remember when I read about email years before it was introduced and thought it sounded like a stupid Idea and why would people use it when we can Fax, I also thought mobile phones wouldn't last and it was only useful in a car. How wrong I was on all counts.

Ross

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ross, Tim, would you not set it up during a formation lap or a slow practice lap? After the start/finish and splits are set you don't have to touch it. Then tighten the belts.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What's your best time Pete?
Lap splits? Corner speeds at turn 1, 3 & 5? :D

Bill best lap of the block was 1.16.64, top speed 63.2 kph. Jeez I just admitted breaking the speed limit on www.:D

Tim yes it is, I cant wait to get it out to Q.R.

Andrew, my staff don't give a rats what I am doing as long as I am out of the office..:D

Pete, yes you just have to hit the button as you cross the timing line. Once it is done, the PBox remembers that line. The only reason the reach the unit otherwise is to scroll through screens. Not really necessary once the race/sprint is underway.

Back