Petrol Prices where you are

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The fuel prices are bad all over no doubt...

Here the prices are at $4 a gallon for 87 Octane now...

Jack - the real butt kicking you'll get is not at the pump, but what you'd be able to sell your truck for. I've a feeling that if you just think about how many thousands of dollars you'd lose in the sale of the truck and what the new rig would cost - You'd be money ahead to just bend over like the rest of us every time to visit the fuel stop..
At least that's the logic I've been using for the last few years whenever I get the hankering to sell my 3/4 ton 8.1 liter Avalanche... I only use it when I need a truck to haul either a trailer (which it does extremely well at) or carry a load other than just butts....

Note the familiar color scheme! :)

Attachments

• Avalanche-N-Trailer.jpg
    Avalanche-N-Trailer.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 160

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Wow, we are Bobbsey twins. :)

Truck and trailer $45k. You can't pull into a local Micky Ds but its a nice ride.

In Oman it was US$0.95 a US gallon when I left in Sept 2010. So who is sticking it to us?? In 2009 oil got to US$ 156 per bbl. NZ$ 1 = .60 US$ and we paid NZ$ 1.90 per L
Now the bbl price is US$ 100, NZ$ 1 = .80 US$ and we are paying NZ$ 2.30 per L. I'm no rocket scientist but its pretty obvious the Oil company's are screwing us and the Gov will let them because the Tax Take is Bigger as well. So we just bendover and Take it. Cheers Leonmac

In Oman it was US$0.95 a US gallon when I left in Sept 2010. So who is sticking it to us?? In 2009 oil got to US$ 156 per bbl. NZ$ 1 = .60 US$ and we paid NZ$ 1.90 per L
Now the bbl price is US$ 100, NZ$ 1 = .80 US$ and we are paying NZ$ 2.30 per L. I'm no rocket scientist but its pretty obvious the Oil company's are screwing us and the Gov will let them because the Tax Take is Bigger as well. So we just bendover and Take it. Cheers Leonmac

+1 bigtime Leon.

Back