Picture Quiz 208

You nailed it Terry...You have won 10 Paddock Points.

10 to the power of 6 colours in that cube.

Awesome!

Bob, you were also correct but you may have plagiarised Terry. Accordingly, a Hoyo De Monterrey Cigar is waiting for you, but in Cuba (having been recently rolled on a virgin's thigh, naturally.:) ) All you have to do is approach Immigration and whisper to the 1st Border Guard you see "il Colonel sent me". You shall have your reward.

Kin cheek, I demand a stewards inquiry:laugh: I found it on here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color

Bob

Last edited:

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Actually for the image posted there can only be a maximum of 640,000 colours. The image is 800x800 pixels and so assuming each pixel is different we get 640K colours.

If the image was 1000x1000 then there would be 1,000,000 colours.

A computer pixel can show a pixel with 256^3 colours as each channel (Red, Green,Blue) is represented by a byte (8 bits of digital data) this means each channel can have 256 different values.

To show all the colours the image would need to be 4096x4096 pixels. This is now starting to be a computer lesson.... I will save that for work......

Keith

Actually for the image posted there can only be a maximum of 640,000 colours. The image is 800x800 pixels and so assuming each pixel is different we get 640K colours.

If the image was 1000x1000 then there would be 1,000,000 colours.

A computer pixel can show a pixel with 256^3 colours as each channel (Red, Green,Blue) is represented by a byte (8 bits of digital data) this means each channel can have 256 different values.

To show all the colours the image would need to be 4096x4096 pixels. This is now starting to be a computer lesson.... I will save that for work......

You are correct of course Doc. Did I miss out the words "in the original graphic" ?

I may have done, sorry...:evilgrin:

Keith

Black is the absence of colour (and is therefore not a colour)

Explanation:
When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colours.

White is the blending of all colours and is a colour.

Explanation:
Light appears colorless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum. A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colours of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.
Fact: The sum of all the colours of light add up to white. This is additive colour theory.

Therefore, in those circumstances Ian, you seem to be half right.. :)

PS Don't go there with grey! :stunned:

Back