Porsche 930 clutch plate

I need a used 930 clutch plate if anyone has 1 lurking in their garage/workshop to manufacture a tool for the removal of the driveshaft nut. Porsche service tools are astronomical in price!

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
What are you trying to do Paul?

If you're just wanting to make up something to hold the shaft, a Rover SD1/ Rangerover etc clutch plate has similar splines and may be more easily available where you are.

Cheers

Russ,
I have a spare 930 g/box minus it's R&P & diff which I want to overhaul. Therefore I need to stop the drive shaft from rotating when I undo the retaining nut. There is a Porsche tool which fits onto the drive shaft spline & locates over 2 of the bell housing bolts which is horendous in cost. I thought I could cut the spline/centre piece from a 930 clutch plate & mnfr my own tool. I was unaware that the Rover SD1 is similar.
So my next question is: Does anyone have a Rover SD1 used clutch plate they don't want?

The clutch hub you need has a 1" x 23 spline. There are many available. Porsche 944, all 911's with the G50, many Fords, (Mustangs, Areostar minivans, Bronco II) and Chrysler products. (Dodge Dakota, early Chargers & Challangers) Although I see that you are in the UK so I don't know how many of these are available over there. One of the major performance clutch manufactures used to have an on-line listing by make with the spline sized but they don't anymore. Now they ask for make and model so it would take forever to find anything.

Back