Pre-Goodwood FoS class

If you're traveling from afar to the Goodwood Festival of Speed and you're going with a spouse who is not as interested cars as you are, then this two-day class on Wednesday and Thursday before the FoS might be of interest to them.

http://www.wealddown.co.uk/Traditio...rafts/The-Country-House-Kitchen-July-2013-TBC

The Country House Kitchen: 10-11 July 2013

An outstanding opportunity to learn how supplies, services and kitchens were managed in noble households over the last 400 years.

The Weald and Downland Open Air Museum is a collection of farm houses going back a couple hundred years. It's an interesting place to visit.

...traditional buildings in a rural landscape that tell the story of the men, women and children who lived and worked in them over a 600-year period.

You can explore the 50-acre site and visit some of our 50 exhibit buildings. Many of our exhibit houses are furnished to recreate historic domestic interiors.

I just booked this class for my wife who is a huge Downton Abbey fan, and myself.

Excellent Ben, I do know the Country House Kitchen was an eye opener to those who cook on microwave ovens!

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Ben

The Weald and Downland museum is a good place, been there a few times now. Basically they rescue buildings of interest before they get demolished and lost forever. They relocate them back to the museum and rebuild them in a suitable setting. This allows you to see the development of buildings over many hundreds of years. Your barn woud probably be of interest to them!!!! It is not all farm buildings though but Downton Abbey may be a bit modern for the museum. More Tudor period from what I recall. Its cool.

Back