Racemate Alternators, San Diego

We used the SVO old style DOZX water pump at that time and thats what mine is mounted on. Mine is also for the gilmer belt and not a v-belt. I also would think that they have done a better job with those mounting brackets by now.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Jay, one would hope they have addressed the problem. Think I'll play safe all the same.

Iain, as with everything else on your car, absolutely stunning. Not the solution for me though, but thanks for the info.

Cheers

Gentalmen, I once worked for John Barrett. I can tell you that he is a snake. John and his brother Bill will rip you off at the first chance. His wife, Kay, is a good person at heart. She is just abused by them to the point she is scared to face customers. The only way you have to get through to him is to keep trying.
One other thing. The racemate is not for street use. IT WILL NOT POWER YOUR CARS< PERIOD. My truck was the test truck for Racemate back in 1994. I worked for John for about 10 years off and on. I left because I could not lie to the customers anymore.
It is sad as they could have a good product, But thay can't get it out.
Any questions about Racemate or John Barrett, I will answer them to my best ability. I have no grudge against the Barrets, I just don't like seeing people misled and such

[email protected]

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I have 3 of them on cars, they are slow to get things out but I can't say that I ever felt that I was being Ripped off. In fact, 2 years one sat on my shelf for a project only to find that the pulley offset was wrong, he sent me a new one no problem. He is SLOW AS MOLASSES for some things but has done a fine job for me. The Racemates are for RACE cars and have limited current capacity and should not be expected for much more then that. I have a 3rd one on my GT40 that is a 60amp unit so if it does half of that It's more then enough. The other issue is that most of these are severely under driven and that must be taken into account for current consumption, don't expect to run A/C, Fans, Fuel, Rear Window defoggers, and have power to spare. Again I have had good but slow results from him, and never felt like I was getting ripped off, just not fast service.

Sandy

Back