RCR's Next car should be.....

It is in the wrong end but back in the 1950's mid engined cars were pretty darned rare..

Yes, but the FIRST mid-engined car was created long, long ago.

Toddler-Flintstone-Car.jpg

Alright Fran. I give up. I've been on the net reading up on the history of Le Mans, Formula 1, and European sports cars in general. There are too many great cars in that era to list.

So spill the beans. What kind of new toys do you have in the "back room"? We want to know!

"Absolutely NO plans of ever doing a Daytona Coupe...if I was ever going to build that kind of car it would be a Corvette Grand Sport......."

Now we're talking Fran!!

No love for it because I dont like them nearly enough...I only build cars that I like...gotta have the passion first...that way if its a sales flop and I have spent a big o pile of money on developing something...at least its something that gives me some joy...

Last edited:
I've always been a big fan of the GS. In the "early days" I tracked a 65 fuelie coupe. It drove like a dump truck.....spring rates were twice the stock rate front and rear, etc. Old school Konis, etc. But it was a lot of fun! Almost bought a GS kit project about 10 years ago.....(kicking myself).

One of my favorite cars with a blower and being English I could say its English made...ha ha...

One of my favourite books is 'Speed Six" read it as a young boy and loved it....in fact would like to find a copy of it..

No love for it because I dont like them nearly enough...I only build cars that I like...gotta have the passion first...that way if its a sales flop and I have spent a big o pile of money on developing something...at least its something that gives me some joy...

:thumbsup: Absolutely agree. :thumbsup:

That passion carries through into a superior product that prospects feel. That, IMHO, is the only way that a kit car has a chance to become commercially successful.

PS: Corvette Sting-Ray "cleaned up" (hidden door handles, chrome trim around glass color matched to body, chrome bumper accents removed, etc.) get's my vote for coolest car ever:

1963-Chevrolet-Corvette-Sting-Ray-back-angle.png

One of my favorite cars with a blower and being English I could say its English made...ha ha...

One of my favourite books is 'Speed Six" read it as a young boy and loved it....in fact would like to find a copy of it..

I once parked up next to a Blower Bentley in a petrol station just outside Guildford on the A3...

It's immense but looked like an absolute pig to drive :D

Back