RCR's Next car should be.....

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Yeah they were advertising them at $100k each then it turned out they needed to more than double that price when all was said & done with all the labor hours ingested with the build and stopped making them. I think a few actually got built for some lucky SOB's though. Don't think you could make one at a little less cost? I mean you ARE the best in the business... ;)

How about a modern Pantera.

newpantera1.jpg

Jonathan,

It was done by an artist named Stefan Schulze. He spelled it Panthera in case of potential infringement problems. Apparently he did it as an exercise to display his talent. This is his website: Firstsignal

Fran,

Build it and you'll sell a lot to the Pantera community. We've been drooling over it since first seeing the pictures.

Dan

'74 Pantera

I like the design. I don't think you could pull off that shape with a longitudinal engine though. It does not look like enough room from the cockpit to the rear axle. A transverse mount engine could be packaged in that body though.

How about...

A group C car would be pretty damn cool... (as would a Supervan - doesn't it have GT40 running gear or did i just imagine that?)

Joe

Attachments

• supervan1b.jpg
    supervan1b.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 768
  • c9numb633yi.jpg
    c9numb633yi.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 816
  • image_8577.jpg
    image_8577.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 797
You got me there
(now all it needs is some stickers and it will be perfect. Ever thought about LeMans Fran? ;))

Joe

p.s I still think a supervan would be the MEANING of cool. Hey you could offer it as a body option for the 40! :D

What's wrong with the breadvan option?

Dalton

Absolutely nothing. There was someone at Moroso in FL who had an old Ford supervan covered in rust streaks that had a mid mounted 327 in it. It was called "fits of laughter" and would do an 11 second quarter mile.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry but the bread van does about as much for me as seeing a toothless ballerina with a mustache dancing the lead in Nutcracker...

Sorry but the bread van does about as much for me as seeing a toothless ballerina with a mustache dancing the lead in Nutcracker...

That could describe a lot of women in the twin-cities area...:eek:

Or maybe it was just the ones who were working at the Graves 601 when I was there....

I do have to agree that the bread van is not a favorite of mine.

How about something the size of an elise/exige with a little cooler bodystyle.
With these crazy gas prices this might me a growing market.

Styling like a compact group C car would turn me on for sure.

Originally Posted by Big-Foot

WOW!! That makes me SOOOoooo... HOT! WOW!!

House for sale Santa Clara, CA ......... I am now thinking Menlo Park is jussssssst a little TOO CLOSE for comfort. :)

<LOL>

Don't know if anyone's mentioned the Dauer 962. Similar to the superlight coupe, with perhaps a bit more presence -

Attachments

• dauer962.jpg
    dauer962.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 713
And just a "bit more" money....cool as they come though......

I look forward to seeing some of the wild and crazy ideas that SLC customers have planned for their cars....

Back