RCR's Next car should be.....

Hi Guys , going back a page or two to the Jag XJR14 that some one sugested, that is basicly what I'm building ,but the topless version that TWR did for Joest racing to win the 96 LeMans,
the main difference though is mine is a space frame chassis, whereas the orig was carbon Monoque,and will be powered by a 3.3 Subaru engine, instead of orig 3ltr 917 engine
Fran has a copy of all the Cad files for it , so will be interesting to get an expert opinion, hell he might even build you one if your wallets deep enough, lol
cheers John

Hi Fran, well a blokes gota do, what a blokes gota do as they say, must admitt we did see some black smoke on the Nth Eastern horizon , at first i thought it was another bush fire in Beverly hills , but now i no the real cause.
seems a terrible waste , but thats the way it is, pity.
hope you had a good break away
cheers John

What's better than one Ferrari P4? Having two Ferrari P4's for sale!

Attachments

• 2830-1.jpg
    2830-1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 524
I vote for the 98 Porsche GT1
mst2008.html

or a Mercedes Benz C-291.

Love the car and the Warsteiner 911 was arguably the fastest ever built in it's class.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I was on a drive home this evening, coming back from the Fort Worth Zoo with the family, and I was thinking about this. I was thinking about a nice sports car that I could drive somewhere and be able to take the wife and daughter along. I couldn't do it in any true "Sports Car" as they have 2 seats. I know some have what they like to call rear seats, but honestly, they're not. haha. So what could fit this bill...

Mid engine
Rear wheel drive
More than 2 seats
Sports car

Only one thing came to mind...

McLaren F1

Think about it, no one makes a replica of it. With Fran's awesome monocoque skills and fiberglass skills, it's easy. Well, maybe not easy, but it fits your bill Mr. Hall. BMW Drivetrain, Ricardo box. Readily available parts. You could make 2 different tails for it, long tail and street version. I'd bet you could make it and market it at the same price you do for your other awesome products.

Whatcha think?

Brian

Brian, I've got one for you - ferrari mondial convertible 3.2. Mid engine, rear wheel drive, four seats, sports car, and, convertible even! It's a heck of a car. Obviously, wouldn't come anywhere close to a McLaren replica with SBF power performance-wise but, frankly, that kind of power would scare the shit out of the wife and kiddies anyway.

I have four kids so I'm even more limited in choices - have been thinking about building/buying a hot rod '72 Suburban for an entertaining family rig. Put in a SBF or Chev 350 with IDF webers, headers, some nice wheels, black paint, lowered/bilsteins, DVD for the kids. Would be a lot of fun, only problem is there wouldn't be any air bags which is a problem for a family hauler.

Last edited:
Cliff - Forget the Suburban unless you own stock in an oil company.I had a '78. With a 454 with toilet size 4bbl,no cats(>6500lbs gvw)with straight throughs,turbo hydro 400 to hold the torque(thus no O.D. as in 7 series tranny),towing gears and lightened up as much as practical,the best it got was 9-10 mpg.Lost it in a head on - thank God for a lot of iron - and followed it with an '89 350 4spd auto.You could put 8 people in it and still have room for camping gear,etc. but best on this was about 16-17 mpg. Sorry for the thread drift. Now that RCR has the future/present covered with the Superlite series,maybe the next car should be a strictly racing vintage item,or how about producing a scaled down Supermarine Spitfire or P-51 w/sbf/sbc kit in aluminum?

Last edited:
Fran,

Keeping with the three seater, what about a SuperLite P1? Center driving position, two passenger seats for the road version, none for the track (or removable). Full aero-body like modern ALMS cars, with a crazy F1 like front end. I remember you saying you worked in the single seater arena for a while, it could be a 3 seat F1 type car with a roof.

I guess besides the center driving position, the SLC with a different front end would be all you need......

How about the load paths for the chassis design....not quite as simple as chopping out chassis structure and sticking a seat in there....

sorry Fran, didnt mean to imply you could turn the SLC as is into a three seater, but maybe you could offer a different aero-package like the new ALMS cars

908.jpg

just as an example, I love how the front has the channels on either side for downforce.

A Peugeot diesel ? Reminds me of the RC Diamond concept car they had a few years ago. ( will these image links work)

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/photo-gallery/peugeot-rc-concept/peugeot-rc-concept-2002-5.jpg

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/photo-gallery/peugeot-rc-concept/peugeot-rc-concept-2002-4.jpg

Pininfarina design, if I recall. A bit of a baby Enzo I thought at the time. If you have trouble with Red suited lawyers, does this include Pininfarina, and are French lawyers any better? And do never produced concept cars 'count'?

How about Hemi power!!!! This was seen in the Indianapolis Raceway museum.

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 401
  • New Image 2.JPG
    New Image 2.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 266
  • New Image 3.jpg
    New Image 3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 270
  • New Image 4.jpg
    New Image 4.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 279
I would love to do a new HEMI sportscar...

We even presented a proposal to Chrysler for a Hemi project sportscar concept......they are still thinking about it.....:laugh:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I would love to do a new HEMI sportscar...

We even presented a proposal to Chrysler for a Hemi project sportscar concept......they are still thinking about it.....:laugh:

....after RCR bails them out I presume....

Not long ago I saw an early press release for Chrysler's new Electric Car... Looked suspiciously like the Lotus that's being built and sold by Tesla..

Gas isn't going to stay where it's at for long..

Back