Recommended tire diameters

Hi, i haven't find an email adress for contact her on nitto tire site?

do you know where we can bought this tire?

Olivier

Here are the contacts for both companies. They are both at SEMA this week, so don’t call them until next week. Make sure to tell them we need 235/50-15 and 295/50-15 so that they get the sizes right. (Cobras will need a 235/60-15 front size) I don’t have info for who to contact at Avon in England (Engineering? Product Development?), Perhaps Malcolm can help with that.

Nitto Tire North America Inc
6261 Katella Avenue Suite 2C, Cypress, CA 90630
(714) 252-0007

Conrad Galamgam (Engineering Mgr.) (Don’t even think of trying to pronounce the last name, just ask for Conrad, he is the only one there.)

AVON Tyres USA
(877) 890-8473
[email protected]

Woody Rodgers ext 377 (US Product Development Rep.)

I am wondering if I should start a new thread with this information so that more people will see it. Something like: “Help Needed for New 15" Tires.”

Do you think this would be beneficial?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Maybe a new thread would be a good idea and maybe you could include the tyres I am seriously considering fitting to my 40.
They are made by Hankook, are 15 inch, v & w rated and are not an arm and a leg!
The sizes I am considering are 295/50 & 225/60 which give diameters of 26.61 & 25.6 which cannot be far from the ideal.They are the Ventus ST RH106 & Ventus Prime K105 resp.
I have checked with Hankook technical and they have advised that the 295/50 is good for fitting to 8J to 10.5J rims.
These tyres only seem to be listed on the UK Hankook site and not in the USA for some reason but they seem to be a good option and from a "global manufacturer".
I would be interested in your thoughts.
Cheers
Paul

Paul,

Hankook doesn't sell those tires in the US at present, but it would certainly be worth some of our US members calling them to see if we could convince them to bring them here.

I was only able to find the K105 on the European site. Do you have a link for the RH106?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Go to the Product area ( in the European site ) ,then to the SUV sub area and choose the Ventus ST.
You will find the RH106 there.
Good luck.
Keep me posted how you get on and if you agree they are worth following up with.
Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul, do you know a dealer site in GB for this tires?

because i have mailed nitto (in US) for the same size off tires (N555R), but postage is more expensive than the 2 tires... so i can't buy....

ps: i have some pictures of your french car..... i'm french and my car was built in GB.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Olivier

Hi Olivier
The UK supplier would be mytyres.co.uk which I believe is a subsidiary of a German Parent Company and you may find the best way is to go on the net and find the Parent web siteand see if there is a French online supplier.I believe the parent company to be Delticom.
Their site states : "Delticom is the market leader in the European online tyre retail market".
I have no connection to mytyres or Delticom but have bought tyres from mytyres in the past and the service was good.
BTW which photos of my car have you?The car was in Mougins for 10 years before I bought it. I took it back to Le Mans this year and had a great time there, it was good having LHD!
Good luck tyre hunting,
Paul

Thanks paul, i have find a site in france with many dealer near my home... i have just to call to know the price of the RH06 for the rear of my GTD. 275/60*15)

the pics i have are the same that you have i think, they are effectively at mougins...!

Regards
Olivier

Back