RF GT40 Pricing (AUD)

I have been asked about my purchase of an RF GT40 (Dec 2008). As i don't have enough posts for a private reply I will do so by the Forum.

I visited RF during it open day early last year to check out their new premises. they turned out to be very professional in their approach to producing and supplying GT kit parts.

I returned later (June) to have another look (again with familiy in tow) and decided to put my name down for a Mk1 chassis/body etc. On returning home (South Aust) I paid a $5000 deposit which got the ball rolling. I indicated that I was not too fussed about the delivery date and I would let them know later in the year.

In Nov I contacted RF about the kit to which they said they could deliver before Xmas-Great!!
A few weeks later Paul rang with some good news. A chassis with a fitted body had become available immediately in the chassis colour I wanted!
Transport was arranged by 6 metre Container ($3000!!). As the container had quite a lot of room available I bought all the glass and the fuel tanks as these were quite fragile.

All items were carefully packed and delivered on the 17th of December last.

The entire excercise came to about $38000.

This may seem costly but the body fitment ($3000) was well worth it saving me many many hours of work. Especially as the final fit up is very good.

Currently I have 17 Ali panels fitted out of 63!

Will post photos soon.

Regards

CARLO

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Carlo

Congratulations on your purchase.
If you haven't already, start a build thread in the GT40 Biuld Logs section and post photos and descriptions of your progress.

Once again, congratulations and welcome to the GT40 family

Bill

I would also like to add that the new rf were very helpful to those of us who needed parts when the old rf collapsed .Again thank you all

I would also like to add that the new rf were very helpful to those of us who needed parts when the old rf collapsed .Again thank you all

Ditto that comment. And when you use your GT as a daily driver, there ongoing support is even better. (how's that new radiator coming along guys ;)- see you friday, give or take )

Back