Ricardo shifter cable setup help needed.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Any info regarding connecting the shifter cables to the Ricardo transaxle shifter arms would be very much appreciated. I have the extensions as suggested by Allen to extend the cable lengths slightly as shown in the second picture.

Are the following statements correct?

I assume I cut off the stock ballstuds from the Ricardo arms.

The ballstud location on the vertical arm gets relocated 5/8" up further on the arm. (I'm using the "Cableshift" shifter).

I want to relocate the ballstud on the horizontal arm to the bottom side instead of on top. I need to do this to clear my K&N air filter. As long as there is no binding or interference I don't see this as being a problem.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

Any info regarding connecting the shifter cables to the Ricardo transaxle shifter arms would be very much appreciated. I have the extensions as suggested by Allen to extend the cable lengths slightly as shown in the second picture.

Are the following statements correct?

I assume I cut off the stock ballstuds from the Ricardo arms.

The ballstud location on the vertical arm gets relocated 5/8" up further on the arm. (I'm using the "Cableshift" shifter).

I want to relocate the ballstud on the horizontal arm to the bottom side instead of on top. I need to do this to clear my K&N air filter. As long as there is no binding or interference I don't see this as being a problem.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

If you extend the cables like you show then you won't have to move the ball studs. The existing ball studs should work with your cable ends so no need to replace those.
As for placing the cable under the arm I can't see any reason it would change the shifting at all.
Just installed another Ricardo yesterday.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Thanks Allan. I thought I read that if using the "cableshift" brand of shifter/cables and not the Ford GT stock shifter that the vertical arm Ricardo ball stud should be relocated 5/8" up the arm as I have marked in the first picture? This was for correct geometry with the after market shifter.

The Branwood product must not have enough side to side throw at the shifter, that is the only reason I could see needing to move the ball post up the arm. As long as the shifter cable does not bind I see no reason you cannot put the ball on the bottom side to the horizontal upper arm.

Thanks Allan. I thought I read that if using the "cableshift" brand of shifter/cables and not the Ford GT stock shifter that the vertical arm Ricardo ball stud should be relocated 5/8" up the arm as I have marked in the first picture? This was for correct geometry with the after market shifter.

I have two running now with the cableshifter brand of cables and did not relocate the ball studs and they shift perfectly after slightly lengthening them.

Back