Save the Brighton Speed Trials - urgent!!

Keith

As a former winner of the Moores of Brighton Trophy (yes, I took the cup back) how could I not?

But I fear it will take a lot more that 4,024 signatures that have been collected to date..

GOOD NEWS! The Speed Trials have been saved. The relevant committee on the Brighton Council have voted to reinstate the event this year. The campaign to save the event has obviously been successful and many thanks are due to all those who took part (which included Stirling Moss apparently).

Brian Magee

Supporter
Brilliant news. Just shows what can be done. I have seen this mentioned on other motorsport related forums so it looks like it did the trick. Well done to all those who took the trouble to post their views.

Brian.

As a former winner of the Moores of Brighton Trophy (yes, I took the cup back) how could I not?

But I fear it will take a lot more that 4,024 signatures that have been collected to date..

I feared the same Kieth but you must admit 12000 signatures is pretty impressive.

Bob

There will be a new award this year for the fastest ( elapsed time ) V8 , be in it to win it !, I am sure Glen will be a contender, Frank

Despite the 12000 signature petition and all of the hype, the club are suffering from a poor entry list with a month to go, AND NO GT40s !! Come on guys, put yourself on the line and show us what you've got ! Frank

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Frank

What is needed to be done to a road car to be scrutineered and run?

Is it full flame suits, fire systems and external cut off switches!.

Ian

Back