scams at Christmas.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I can't be bothered seeing if its true or not. Figure it out yourselves.

PLEASE NOTE AND PASS TO ALL YOUR ADDRESSEES
FYI
Christmas is fast approaching, Royal Mail & The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.
For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:
http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/crime-prevention/helping-prevent-crime/scams/postal-delivery-scam
Please be aware that the premium rate number may change but nevertheless please do not call any number stated on a card from PDS.
Can you please make all your family, friends and neighbours aware of the above.

Glad you raised this. I remember getting a call from a 202 phone number before and the callers claimed to be FedEx people. Said there was a package for me but they were unable to sent it because it lacked info. They asked for my bank info to confirm my "payment method." Lol! I wonder if these people really expect me to believe them.

I reported the phone number to Callercenter and the FTC to shut the scam down. Though obviously a scam, I'm afraid that someone might fall victim if I just ignore the call and let them continue.

Back