Setting up dbw throttle?

hmmm, wait, production cars have the brake 3" toward the driver compared to gas. I cheated and put mine about 1.5" behind initially. not a good idea. When you are hard into a corner and bottom the brake intothe throttel pedal. Not good. thats a heel toe you dont want. the worst is at 100mph you have to let off brake to relase the throttle to re-brake. otherwise 500 to 900 HP will negate braking quick. i ripped my pedal box out and backed throttle 3" behind gas. Fixed it. But then i have the old pedal box and wide feet...

By my statement I meant that the gas pedal is closer to the front of the car than the driver, and that the brake pedal is closer to the driver than to the front of the car.

W0000t

pedal2-1.jpg

Now I just need to trim the attachment bracket to make it aesthetically pleasing, then cut spacers instead of washers.

Getting the right pedal geometry was not fun, heh.

Ideally you should have the brake pedal even with the gas pedal while the brake pedal is at its farthest point of travel. This is to help make heel-toe downshifting easier. Adjust for preference.

Ideally you should have the brake pedal even with the gas pedal while the brake pedal is at its farthest point of travel. This is to help make heel-toe downshifting easier. Adjust for preference.

I don't heel-toe so it doesn't bother me :)

Well done Alex! This is probably a parallax issue, but it looks like the rod is slightly angled from pedal to rheostat arm. If so, you might consider placing a spacer on one end to align.

Well done Alex! This is probably a parallax issue, but it looks like the rod is slightly angled from pedal to rheostat arm. If so, you might consider placing a spacer on one end to align.

Good eye Doc, but there's a reason for it's misalignment (which doesn't cause any bind issues btw) - the top is about 1 finger width away from my brake line (hydraulic e-brake) ... if I move that side over it would come pretty close to the line and might rub (might, probably not, but I'm paranoid).

I can't space the bottom anymore because then at WOT the bolt head will be almost rubbing into the wiring harness connector that goes to the pedal. So basically I misaligned it slightly to clear both (connector and the brake line)

Back