SL-C N E W Carbon wing

So, uhhhhh, any of you other SLC owners buy the wing yet? I havn't seen any other pics of it, so I'm curious if I'm going to be the first guinea pig for it :)

I am delivering one to P-nut this weekend at VIR.
RxHeven , Doc and you all have them on order...

Make certain to take pictures. Pictures are goooooood :thumbsup:
Oh, and when you get a chance, please let me know about the transaxle schedule and my chassis number :D

Hey Fran, I'm wondering if it would be possible to attach this wing to the Ariel Atom. We have a carbon fiber Wing package available to us but it is over $8000

HI Bolus,

I have a smaller cord wing too which may be a better fit....give me a call.

I saw a fully dressed Carbon Atom at Meadowbrook Concourse yesterday ....$115,000....ouch.....

It is nice to see someone building a wing that will actually work. Nice leading and trailing edges and camber. Most of the wings for sale are about as effective as a 1 x 6 pine board.

Fran, can your wing do this? :drunk:

0509hpc_FOD_9.jpg

I personally dont like the " I'm a little teapot" look....

but I will gladly stand on your new wing to test it...just say the word...

No but he is....
that must be his " I'm so proud of me pose "....normally followed by the "Oh shit" pose of falling into a heap on the ground

Last edited:
I personally dont like the " I'm a little teapot" look....

but I will gladly stand on your new wing to test it...just say the word...

Uhhhhhh, I think I have to pass on that offer at the moment; however, I'm certain Will or Dave or somebody else will volunteer theirs for the purpose of science/education/etc.... :drunk:

No but he is....
that must be his " I'm so proud of me pose "....normally followed by the "Oh shit" pose of falling into a heap on the ground

Supposedly it's to illustrate the stiffness of it and the downforce (900lbs) it provides at speed

Composite wing key to high-speed stability: COMPOSITESWORLD.COM

Back