SLC at VIR 13 hour Oct 29th

...AND limiting the engine to 5000 rpm (for 99% of the race).

exactly...

It's great that Fran is campaigning a race car with a build that is relatively achievable for the masses. It's showing what the base platform is capable of performance-wise without $50k motors, $40k transaxles, and a dedicated professional race team.

Not that there is anything wrong with a high dollar build, but it's harder for the average joe to relate to.

Ron Earp

Admin
Some pics:

NCR_SCCA_VIR_2011_1105.jpg

NCR_SCCA_VIR_2011_1121.jpg

NCR_SCCA_VIR_2011_1092.jpg

I really like that engine bay cover w/ vents ... is it something you make in-house?

Any plans on, oh, say, adding 2 bumps into it on each side and maybe skinning it in carbon to make purrrty? =)

The "engine cover" is actually just black vinyl over the standard rear window blank (the piece you normally cut out for the window). Holes with vents were made in it to allow more hot air to get out of the engine compartment.

You could do the same thing with yours, Alex!

Hi Fran
The XJR5 is apart and getting the engine installed now....should be ready in the spring !! (story of my life)
Talk to you soon...
Mike

The "engine cover" is actually just black vinyl over the standard rear window blank (the piece you normally cut out for the window). Holes with vents were made in it to allow more hot air to get out of the engine compartment.

You could do the same thing with yours, Alex!

Could have fooled me! Looked like a brand new product.

Here you go:

Attachments

• IMG_4098.jpg
    IMG_4098.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4100.jpg
    IMG_4100.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Back