Something is missing

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Finished assembly tonight. Pedal box stripped, new throttle pedal pivot fabricated with sealed bearings, powder coated, and Tilton master cylinders added. Needed to cut down pushrods and add spacer in top bolts so they would not contact reservoir ports. Clutch and transaxle later this week. Just a couple weeks away from final assembly.

2016041100.jpg

2016041101.jpg

2016041102.jpg

2016041103.jpg

Ron McCall

Supporter
What about a filter like this. You can see all of the carbs and still have more than adequate filtration. Plus, it seals off and has only cold air going to it. Ron McCall took this picture of my car at Road America. Ron are you still on the forum? Enjoyed meeting up with you in Houston at the POCA convention.

Hey Mike! Been a while! I hope all is well.

Ron

Dash back together all gauges installed

2016032701.jpg

Mike,

I can't see in this picture but what does that vertical piece hide on an SPF? The piece I am referring to is in front of the shift lever where the ignition key goes on the stock setup. I tried pulling mine off once or twice but never really got it out. I always thought that piece looked thrown in at the last minute and prefer the way ERA is unobstructed all the way to the foot box.

Also, are you going to change the color of the 12volt socket from Red to Black? Mine had started to fade but I never changed it before I sold the car.

Thanks

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Mike,

I can't see in this picture but what does that vertical piece hide on an SPF? The piece I am referring to is in front of the shift lever where the ignition key goes on the stock setup. I tried pulling mine off once or twice but never really got it out. I always thought that piece looked thrown in at the last minute and prefer the way ERA is unobstructed all the way to the foot box.

Also, are you going to change the color of the 12volt socket from Red to Black? Mine had started to fade but I never changed it before I sold the car.

Thanks

The piece from the tunnel up to the dash is purely to hold the ignition and a power outlet. remove the screws and you can remove it. You can relocate the key to the dash where the "start" button is. Early chassis' have an ignition switch with a "start" position, later units do not have the "start" spot but can be retrofitted to do so giving up the "start" button.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The gentleman who is building the exhaust is a couple weeks out so hopefully mid July I can have it on the road.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
No paint. Black bits are powder coated. Everything else is raw or burnished. Burnishing closes pores but still looks natural.

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Back on the ground. Will load into trailer this week and take to Luftkraft for handbuilt exhaust. I'm always surprised when I put it back on the ground after having it elevated for some time, just how low to the ground these cars are. I am in awe of you guys that build these cars from scratch. I started with a completed car and tore it completely apart and wondered several times if I would ever see it in one piece again. Should see some driving time within a few weeks now.

2016062501.jpg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Snap a few shots of all the new handywork in the daylight before Luftkraft slams their shop door behind it whydontcha! :wings:

Mike,

Will he make an effort to get the runners equal length? Not having equal length runners is evidently what is killing some power on my engine simulation.

-Bob Woods
Tornado GT40 in Texas

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,

Will he make an effort to get the runners equal length? Not having equal length runners is evidently what is killing some power on my engine simulation.

-Bob Woods
Tornado GT40 in Texas
Are you talking intake? No changes are planned at this time. Made 450 which is more than I need.

Mike,

No, I was talking about the exhaust runners or headers. You said someone was going to make new headers for you. You also have said that you were hunting for that unique GT40 sound. I think header lengths are a key to that.

-Bob Woods

Back