Sourcing t-axles in Australia what donour cars?

hey all,
I did a search as thought this would have been asked but couldnt find a/the thread. Ive been told Audi 016 trans are a good compromise between price and handling power ie standard lexus V8 etc. A few of the Australians on this board mentioned they were finding them down the pick-a-part wrecking yards very cheap. I was wondering what year and model Audis these are found on as sold in Australia?
Also is there any other cars i should keep an eye out for as far as transaxles go.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Jonesy,
"Have I got a deal for you" --a G50 and adapter kit --all you need to source extra is --starter , clutch pak ,slave cyl.and release fork/shaft --then you're good to go with smiles for miles.
PM me ( [email protected] ):thumbsup:

Thanks flatchat i droped you an email but i dont think it will be in my price range. Im stalled on the AWD project so thought about playing with some chassis drawings for a lambo to fit the Gt40 specs (i became stalled on the gt40 when there was no chassis drawings haha). Dont want to spend a real lot at this stage which is why my ears pricked up at the thought that UN1 and 016 transaxles are at pick-a-parts in Audis and Renaults.
But can anyone tell me what Renaults and Audis, preferably the 016 as ive been told its stronger but either or ither info on the cars they came in would be great. At this stage my only clue is that the 016 has the gear change from the left hand side of box, not rear. However, is this the left if you are sitting in the car or left if you are outside facing the front of the vehicle.
Thought this was a simple question as to what donor car but not many replies :) I read Audi 100, 200, 9000 which of these models and is that even what they were called in Australia, there is many different engine combos' as well. anyhelp rounding this down would be great.
thanks
jonesy

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I think you'll find that most Audis in Australian pickapart have auto transmissions in them. The Manual 016 transaxles and others are imported, I believe.I found this out when I visited a wrecker in Melbourne.

Ross

You can get units like this any day of the week for US$1500 or less on eBay then ~A$1000 to get it shipped and you come in at most at 50% of the cost of a locally sourced item.

Back