Spring Cough 'n' Spit - Sunday, 20 April

Hopefully we will soon see the last of the frost and snow and can get our GT40s back on the road for 2008. Here is a perfect opportunity to give them a Sunday run, get their fluids circulating and check that everything is still working.

We have organised our usual Spring Cough 'n' Spit trip to Warwick Bean's pub on Sunday 20 April at The Castle Inn, Millers Lane, OUTWOOD, Surrey RH1 5QB; we will be welcome to arrive any time after 1130. At that time on a Sunday morning, it should be a reasonable run round the M25 to J6, then through country lanes via Godstone and Bletchingley to Outwood.

Warwick has very thoughtfully laid on a Hog Roast at a special rate of around £6 a head, providing the weather is favourable.

Last year's event was a great success, with a number of other car clubs showing up for what turned out to be one of the warmest days of the year.

Please let me know if you are planning to come, so I can give Warwick some idea of the numbers, but if you are passing, you are still very welcome to drop in. And you don't need to be a member of the Club or arrive in a '40; just come along if you want to look at the cars and talk to the people.

Tony Hunt

The weather forecast for Sunday is quite reasonable - cloudy with temperatures a bit higher than today's, but no precipitation until later in the afternoon.
I am expecting 6-10 cars and 15-20 people at The Castle, depending on the weather, so if you want to walk the walk and talk the talk, come over any time after 1130. All welcome.
Tony

Excellent turnout today with the number of cars and persons present exceeding expectations. Thanks to Tony for organising the event and to Warwick, Jan and all the team for their hospitality.

Hopefully everyone got home safely - in the dry. Well, the weather was better than expected so fingers crossed for this season's activities.

EXCELLENT day out, some pics.

Attachments

• 40-pic-1.jpg
    40-pic-1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 40-pic-2.jpg
    40-pic-2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 247
  • 40-pic-3.jpg
    40-pic-3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 40-pic-4.jpg