Starter Motor Wiring

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
RCR40/ 363 SBF/ Safir Clutch Pkg/ ZF Transaxle. Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've wired a starter motor. I'm trying to figure out which wires go where. In the attached picture of the starter, you'll see the heavy 0ga wire directly from the + post of the battery, a red wire w/yellow connectors coming out of the solenoid, and a red wire with a blue connector coming from the starter switch on the instrument panel. Which wires go where on the starter's solenoid? Note that this will be a temporary setup for a 1st start only. Final wiring will be through a Ron Francis master cutoff as shown in the other picture.
Regards, Rod

Attachments

• Starter Wiring.jpg
    Starter Wiring.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 169
  • MasterSwt.jpg
    MasterSwt.jpg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 145

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Sean,
Thanks for the reply and the diagram. It verifies what I realized shortly after my original post. Really very simple and I was just overthinking it. Positive battery cable to the top terminal on the starter solenoid and small red solenoid wire to the red wire from the starter/ignition switch and 'Bob's your uncle'. What threw me off was when I got my starter motor, that small red wire on the solenoid was connected to the top terminal of the solenoid. Therefore I wrongly assumed that was correct. Live & learn & forge ahead.... Getting ever closer to a 1st start.
Thanks again, Rod

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Bill,
Correct and that's the way I'm doing it for a 1st start. Simple & easy is good. The Ron Francis Master Cut Off will be wired in when I finalize the harness.
Rod

Back