Steel or aluminum roof??

[ QUOTE ]
Did someone try to remove the red dots with pain thinner...
changing the shade to orange?

And I'm surprised no one "attacked" Fran for not mentioning
the Alan Mann ally bodied cars... asleep at the wheel?

MikeD

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it. They painted red dots by mistake on the Yellow Alum. roof and wiped them off with gasoline which turned them orange. The correct red dots are on the fiberglass fenders.

Best

Attachments

• 67565-108-0822_IMG.JPG
    67565-108-0822_IMG.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 665
This is the standard fibreglass roof and door fit that I must maintain with a metal roof to make it a viable option...

Attachments

• 67771-shop10_27_05010(Small).jpg
    67771-shop10_27_05010(Small).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 533
another...this is straight from the molds with very very little time spent on fitment

Attachments

• 67772-shop10_27_05011(Small).jpg
    67772-shop10_27_05011(Small).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 520
Fran,

Since nothing has been posted on this subject since the end of 05 curiosity causes me to ask whether you made any progress with the Aluminium roof/spider section?
Did this turn out to not be viable or due to high demand for the RCR have you had to put this on hold?

On a different point can you post some pictures of the Hot Rod Air AC units now you have received these. Are these bespoke for RCR cars or one of their generic units? You had previously made mention of a “plenum” and ducting under the dash/scuttle. Again would be interested to see how it all links together.

Watching the project and everyone’s builds with great interest.

All the best,

Miles

Miles,

I did mention elsewhere on the forum some time ago that the repeateability of the hand formed roof section was not acceptable and until it is its a "no go"...the other issue is price..the original price quoted to me was way underbid.....again not a viable situation.

The AC system is bespoke to RCR ....

Regards

Fran, Didn't think it was often that I missed something on the forum; must do more homework... Thanks for the (as ever) quick response.
Please post some pictures of the AC system in due course.
Miles

Back