Sticker

Copy of dealer invoice I was given today. Before they removed their cost portion I was able to see dealer cost was roughly $145,000. This particular dealer is selling for $75,000 over sticker, or about $232,000, plus TT&L. They are due to get one in just before Christmas, red with white stripes, but it is already spoken for.

Attachments

• 48094-Dsc01402Compress.jpg
    48094-Dsc01402Compress.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 280
After charging $157K for the car, they have the nerve to add $10.25 for putting 5 gallons of gas in the car?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
But the gas charge is only on the invoice side of the deal, the customer is not charged! In the old days Ford dealers also paid a separate charge for coolant!

That is a fully optioned car,i.e. there are no other factory options that can be added. Notice that there is less markup than most would think....
Rick

so about 8.4% margin by my maths. that's more than they make on most (if not all) of the cars the dealership sells. i was under the impression via rumors that they were getting screwed by FoMoCo on these things - that's clearly not the case, which makes the auction/price-gouging all the more sub-optimal.

even a full quarter of carrying cost (assuming they are COD with FoMoCo) to keep it on the floor should suck less than 1% out of the margin - still higher than what they get on most of the cars they sell.

anybody know if there's a dealer holdback? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

interesting data - thanks for sharing.

doody.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Yes,
the usual 3% of list holdback is there.....still not a huge markup compared to some other products! I mean the crap Starbucks sells costs less than the cup they put it in!!!!!

The current List/offer/street price of the GT could keep a college economics professor busy with his class for weeks...i.e. price vs. value vs. selling price! As long as the the demand outstrips the supply and the buyers want it more than the dead presidents in their hands, the car will sell for over list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still..if you can buy for under 200 you have a damn fine supercar!
Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back