Supreme Court Justice Paid Off

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
SHAME ON YOU, Clarence Tomas, and SHAME ON YOU to all who would defend his actions in this matter. Posted by Doug

Doug, +++++++1

Doug, I most always agree with you, but I for one hate to see folks hassled about spelling:)

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Damian,

I truly appreciate your comments, I too am shocked beyond belief!

I think we all expect this sort of thing from politicians, but NEVER from Supreme Court Judges NEVER!!!

I can not stress enough what a crime against our country this is.

You tea party folks go on about our Founding Fathers and then put up with this?

Shame on you!

I do not want to hear about Barny Frank or Richard Nixon, or anyone else, on their worst day they were better than this. Stop with the excuses, this needs to be stopped.

Last edited:
Damian,

I truly appreciate your comments, I too am shocked beyond belief!

I think we all expect this sort of thing from politicians, but NEVER from Supreme Court Judges NEVER!!!

I can not stress enough what a crime against our country this is.

You tea party folks go on about our Founding Fathers and then put up with this?

Shame on you!

I do not want to hear about Barny Frank or Richard Nixon, on their worst day they were better than this. Stop with the excuses, this needs to be stopped.

He neglected to put his wifes wages on his income tax, he wasn't the recipient of a bribe, income tax, he was wrong. Barney Frank or Nixon, what the fuck are you drinking. Break out the pitchforks, rope and torches. You are a piece of work Jim!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

His wife receives almost $700,000 from a conservative group, this group spends money to promote conservative causes, and he fails to note this when asked. Al this is a bribe and he is lier.

This is a crime against us all, but you are OK with that. In Als world bribing a judge is OK if you agree with the briber!

Al I will ask again, if this was a liberal Justice taking money from Acorn, would you be defending him?

You are correct, it is Kool-aid...I knew it looked wrong when I typed it, but didn't have time to spell check.

Jim, As for the gun talk...I don't spend much time in the paddock for good reason. I missed it. So I can't respond.

I'm all for guns. Everyone should have a few. Gun control means using two hands. Wanna fire my AR-10? .....Is that what you're lookin' for?

Doug,

BTW, I prepared food and scrubbed toilets in college. Just not at the same time.:)

Eventually I earned enough scholarship money to graduate debt-free. Then came grad-school and bum-loads of debt. Took me 15 years to pay that off.

Al,

His wife receives almost $700,000 from a conservative group, this group spends money to promote conservative causes, and he fails to note this when asked. Al this is a bribe and he is lier.

This is a crime against us all, but you are OK with that. In Als world bribing a judge is OK if you agree with the briber!

Al I will ask again, if this was a liberal Justice taking money from Acorn, would you be defending him?

She recieved $120k per year in wages from 2003 to 2007. It was compensation for work performed. Where did you see bribe? Only you could dream up bullshit like this Jim. Adious!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
You can always tell when Al runs out of plausible excuses, he pretends he does not care.

Once again Al if it were a Liberal Judge taking almost $700,000 from Acorn and not reporting it would you be defending him?

Keith

Hey guys, I have no idea what y'all are fighting about, but I would like to ask, out of a population of just over 300,000,000, how many people think like y'all?

And should we be worried?

By the way, I have to say, I just loved the comment earlier that remarked "I remember what it was like to be poor" :laugh:

Y'all crack me up... thanks..:)

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
It's a shame this string has been characterized by political bickering rather than the truly epic event this may be. The promise and spirit of the Supreme Court is in its name. This is the final "justice" in our land whether we agree or not. It is supposedly comprised of wise, balanced, and thoughtful dialog and discovery, but even as I write this, the appearance of quid pro quo, which has dominated our Legislative branch, now threatens to invade the Judicial branch. I can’t tell you how disappointed I am in this, for me the last bastion of fair and un-biased activity. It would appear I live in a dream world, but I don’t. In fact I’m very cynical of our law enforcement, public service workers, and anybody that lives off other’s taxes. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:country-region w:st=
<st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> really is going down the (paraphrased – toilet) one act or bit of indiscretion at a time.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Doug, I most always agree with you, but I for one hate to see folks hassled about spelling:)

Agreed, Jim...I dedicated 25 of my 32 year career in public education to helping students with educational disorders, the most common of which is dyslexia (most common definition: a disorder of constitutional origin manifested by difficulty learning to read, write or spell despite adequate intelligence, conventional instruction, and socio-economic opportunity). I was viciously defensive regarding any of my students getting hassled regarding spelling difficulties. No offense intended.

There are some of us who may remember "electric Kool-Aid"....perhaps it was a momentary flashback :huh: ? Different kind of Kool-Aid from what Jim Jones had his followers ingest in Jonestown, certainly not to be confused!

I had a brain-fart a while ago.....not to be confused with the other kind of fart....I wonder if Clarence Thomas and his wife filed separate returns? I haven't done any research on this, just wondering if it could be. If so, then there was no foul.....but if they did file a joint return and his wife did not inform their tax preparer of the income, then I have to ask "Why". IF (and they say IF is the biggest word in the English Language) it were truly earned income as Al suggests, then the couple is guilty of tax evasion. IF it was not earned income, then it does seem to me to be possibly a bribe (if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and $H!+s like a duck, it's probably a duck).

Either way, their actions are reprehensible....sort of 6 of one, half-a-dozen of the other, so to speak. Wonder which carries the longer prison sentence if found guilty (wanna bet that SCJ Thomas knew the answer to that one?) ?

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise [sic] to deceive".....

Marmion (poem) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers from Doug!!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Terry,

I very much hope you are wrong. I very much hope that America will see this for what it is, put an end to it, punish those responsible, make sure it wont happen again and become stronger for it.

Doug, I do not think the tax part of this has been addressed. As far as I can tell, Justice Thomas only lied on the Supreme Court Financial Disclosure forms, that judges are required to fill out every year.

Keith

Terry, I hope you are wrong but I do think you have the approach and understanding that is needed. Remember, America (and to an extent the UK) is attempting to impose democracy on those they perceive to be "victims" of tyranny and injustice.

If that is the righteous way forward then y'all had better agree on something.. anything, if this 'New World Order' is to have any chance of working.. :)

Terry,

"I can’t tell you how disappointed I am in this, for me the last bastion of fair and un-biased activity."

You're right, you do live in a dream world. Since when was the high court non-political and un-biased? Really now.

Baronetti,

Yes, you should be afraid. I predict that if Obama-care succeeds, the UK will be inundated with Americans seeking healthcare...no doubt they'll all be packing firearms, as is our custom. Just make sure you don't give them any of your beer. I understand that they can barely handle the piss-water that is served stateside.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hey guys, I have no idea what y'all are fighting about, but I would like to ask, out of a population of just over 300,000,000, how many people think like y'all?

And should we be worried?

By the way, I have to say, I just loved the comment earlier that remarked "I remember what it was like to be poor" :laugh:

Y'all crack me up... thanks..:)

IMHO, Keith, yes, we should all be worried! There is a widening schism between the "haves" and the "have-nots", and when the "middle-class" that previously filled that schism has been eliminated by those who seem hell-bent on using their wealth and political power to further oppress the poor, the huge economic "engine" that provided the economic power for growth after WWII will have suffered a not-so-quiet demise, much the same as that old Ford 312 Y-block that I coaxed to throw a rod through the side of the block. If you believe that the USA has a great impact on the world economy, then you and everyone else should recognize the importance of nurturing, rather than starving, the poor and middle-class, not exactly a priority for the radical right in America at this time.

As for how many think like us...I wonder the opposite, how many people DON'T THINK, i.e. just blindly accept the drivel they hear on Fox News Network, the Rush Limbaugh Show on radio, and a plethora of other radical right wing media sources, accepting their philosophical rantings and ravings without using the process of critical thought (I must admit, both Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh can be quite humorous, and most of us humans respond positively to humor) to question their populist rhetoric, in essence "...drinking the Kool-Aid".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drink_the_Kool_Aid

If you believe the results of the last election here in the USA, the numbers are alarming at least. I, for one, long for the days of Jimmy Carter and his yearnings for the USA to return to the days when we were a "....kinder, gentler nation".

Cheers to you, Keith, from Doug, and thanks for the :thumbsup: on the "...remember what it was like to be poor" comment!

Jim - You're my bud but you did come off a little sensationalistic with the title of your post, aye? A little less in your face would have prompted a more level headed response one would think.

I am not into political party lines or much into politics.
But,

'Ol Thomas is one of my favorites...the way he used to 'handle' the office help made him my hero. The skit SNL did on the Thomas hearings is still the funniest thing they have ever done.

If a person wants to be President it almost takes lying to get elected, there is no way a person can promise all the BS that spews from their mouths and not end up falling flat on their face on most of it. And who's fault is that? 'Ours' as a country. We want everything and we want it now... the more people that are at or near the poverty level the more people that are going to vote for people promising to help them. If more of the country was well off, we would all be voting for the guy who would be conserving our money not redistributing it.

I like that BO prods the black youth to be better, to man up and take responsibility for their actions be fathers to their children and such..that is something that needed to be said by a black man in power.

Now 'Ol Thomas - there is a man who should be leading by example of the law, he didn't need to make any outlandish promises to get where he is BUT he does need to hold up the law AND abide by it. Doing that is the sole reason for his professional existence. He and all other justices owe it to us. If he lied, if he broke the law he should be ejected. No if ands or buts.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rob,

Once again you are correct, as anyone can tell I let my passion for what I know to be right get the best of me. I have little to no tact. Never have and most likely never will.

I did not want any question about what this thread was about. Honestly Rob I really think that he was paid off (through his wife) but paid off none the less.

Back