Tach

Well John,
I thought that this was over with and done. I also thought that we disscussed the miscommunications and you were happy with letting it go and go onto the next chapter. I told you what I thought and I still don't think the forum is the place for you to take a swipe at Robert without talking to him personally first. Then afterwards if you still feel this way by all means swipe away.
You also put me in an akward situation as well. Many people read this and they only get a small window of the actual events. I have done all I could to help you build your GT. You were allowed to come into my home at anytime you wanted for the last two and a half years. You had adaquate space to store and work on your GT. I never at anytime asked for any kind of monatary embursment. I thought you had learned from me and I honestly thought that you would not do something like this that caused me to responed to this on an open forum.
I honestly think that both you and Robert had issues that could have been resolved had you picked up the phone and called. Instead you chose to lash out on this forum. So be it. Now I'm totally disappointed in your methods. If you are going to do this then we need to know all of the facts.
There is way more to this situation than the steering wheel and all the other things you have pointed to. I seem to recall you asking me to order the wire loom and stating that you care not of the cost as you were desperate to sell for financial reasons. I called Robert while you were standing next to me and ordered the loom. Robert needed the Motec and we supplied him with what information was needed to build the loom. In turn Robert informed us that he has never wired an M48 which used coil packs and an expander. Their harnesses in the past have always used a distributor and single coil. You purchased the Motec from a private party. Robert had the box registered to Roaring Forties so that you would have future support here in the U.S. He bought the expander and built the loom for your application.
We tried every trick in the book to get it to work without success. I spent countless hours on it when you were at work and I spent lots of time on the phone with Chis the RF electrician. We still were unsuccessful. Robert said that it is difficult to diagnose this by phone over such a far distance and he advised that we put the system back to run a distributor and it would run. This is not what you wanted. So Robert advised that you need to contact the local Motec expert to have it looked at. You were advised not to buy this system by me. I continually tried to steer you toward a more economical system that would be quick and easy to install such as the Edelbrock FI unit. You wanted the 8 barrell injection so you bought the DC&O system from a private party. Nothing on that system is similar to the RF unit except in looks. RF went out of their norm to help build a harness that would work on something they never sold or used.
Robert sent me the invoice over 4 months ago and you were aware of this. I printed it out while you were here. It was an e mail. Robert never sent another until you complained about Him not sending it direct to you. The truth is I never bothered you for the money at that time because you didn't have it. Now that you sold the GT you have the money and you paid. You new the bill was there the whole time. If you were concerned about it then, you should have been more pro active and paid it.
Now that this is on the forum and I have responded I'm sure you will answer in kind with what is your perception of these events. That's fine I too will respond with my perceptions as well. I'm truly hurt by this. I am not happy at all about this as I really like you and thought of you as a son. Nothing will come of this except broken friendships and hard feelings. To bad it has to be like this.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Man, this really hurts..

PS... My home was never burglarized. My shop was. Theives took my toyota that was parked in back and loaded it up with all my tools, some of John's tools and steering wheel. They drove off though a back gate.

What a shame! I stand by my other thread's comments - Robert's customer service is excellent. Too bad this had to be aired here, you're right Hershal, a phone call would have been the way to go.

Hersh,
You've always been a pal and as far as I'm concerned always will be.
I'm sorry you took this personally. It was not directed at you and to be quite honest the issues date back before your involvement with RF. Beside this is totally business, nothing personal. Well at least as long is what is being said is true.
You know that the time spent with you working on our GTs as "I learned the ropes" was great fun for me. I have always made it clear how thankful I am for all that you and your family have done for me. These feelings will never change. As far as my experiences with RF well those feelings will never change either. Everyone has pride and certain levels of expectations.
I will be in touch with you soon.

Pat , I'm happy you are satisfied. That's wonderful. Why not speak out on a forum? That's what it is there for correct. Not just get a response and return praise especially when it is asked of you to do so. The world has positives and negative and both should be discussed. Ask a question and let the manufacture shine by replying and showing involvement. That didn't happen. Unfortunate yes but... Chris Rock said it right in one of his act "I take care of my kid" What do you want a metal you stupid b***td you are supposed to take care of your kids.
I do totally agree with you about the phone call though. I think maybe some response was all that I asked for way back when. I know you weren't involved so you will never understand. Hopefully you will never experence the joys of being the redheaded stepchild.
You folks in Texas are just a different breed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Continue on and best of luck with your car.
John

Back