Talks between Auto Futura ( CAV GT ) and Roaring Forties

I must agree with Howard and Rob now that a little more is know about the entire situation.

Clearly the purpose and meaning of the announcement by AF was to avoid possible legal entanglements and not to harm RF or promote themselves. As a company owner I recognize the potential complications at work here. There are a lot of judgment calls when you have to do the right thing for your company even though it may initially be misunderstood. I think this is one of those cases.

Whatever the problems, hopefully RF will shake them off and continue to be successful for years to come.

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly the purpose and meaning of the announcement by AF was to avoid possible legal entanglements and not to harm RF or promote themselves. As a company owner I recognize the potential complications at work here. There are a lot of judgment calls when you have to do the right thing for your company even though it may initially be misunderstood. I think this is one of those cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, did you read the same post I did? Did "Auto Futura Management" edit the post and tone it down before you read it? How can you honestly say that the clear intent of their post was not to harm RF nor to promote themselves? Oh, hold it - you are the US Distributor for Auto-Futura aka CAV. Clearly you are biased, and I would advise you not to rush to the defense of "Auto Futura Management" as regards their first post in this thread. Talk about what great cars they build, talk about how hot their wives are, about how well they hold their liquor, whatever, but you really look foolish when you state with a straight face that their post was not intended to promote themselves.

As for them enlightenng the forum as to RF's situation, yes, their post was a catalyst fort the information coming out in much the same way as the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was the catalyst for the Bataan death march. The same ends could have been achieved with much more tact and professionalism and with less hurt to all involved.

Shame on Robert Logan for letting his business run away from him, shame on him for not keeping his agents and customers informed, but his actions are in no way as despicible as the post that started this thread.

Ron McCall

Supporter
[quote

but his actions are in no way as despicible as the post that started this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you feel that same way if you stood to loose $20,000?
Not bashing,just asking.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like a lot of RF customers were mislead into thinking that everything was proceeding according to plan.(It wasn't that long ago that they were posting pictures of cars being shipped out) And now this.....It has to be devistating.

[ QUOTE ]
[quote

but his actions are in no way as despicible as the post that started this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you feel that same way if you stood to loose $20,000?
Not bashing,just asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly not - $20k is a lot of coin to have at risk, and it gets personal.

But it's too early to tell. We don't know what has transpired at RF, nor do we know the final dispostition of RF customers' deposit money. If it turns out that Robert Logan intentionally deceived his customers, squandered their money, and never intended to follow through on the delivery of the cars, then yes, I'd agree that his actions were more despicible than the actions of "Auto Futura Management." If it turns out that Robert got screwed by his South African suppliers and yet somehow manages to provide his customers with either returned deposits or delivered product then he will maintain the ethical high ground. Time will tell.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Does anyone know what is really happening?

Seems to me a lot of emotion is being expressed based on very little information.

Edit: Just read Ron's post about RF....nevermind.

Double edit: Looks like Autofutura are the good guys on this deal after all.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, hold it - you are the US Distributor for Auto-Futura aka CAV. Clearly you are biased, and I would advise you not to rush to the defense of "Auto Futura Management" as regards their first post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, it appears that I had you confused with Bob Sayles (who has kept out of this) and that according to your profile, you have no affiliation with Auto Futura other than being an owner of a CAV. Please accept my apology for my mis-statement.

Back