Tandem Brake MAster cylinder for GTD40

Dear All
I own a GTD40 from 1989. I need to change the tandem brake master cylinder.
The plastic reservoir states it is an ATE but no ATE label on the cylinder itself.
External diameter of cylinder is 26mm and from engraved ref (22 and 80) I believe the internal pistons are 22mm
It is a 3 main ports (M10/1) for front brake, rear brake and sensor for stop lights.
There is an additional smaller port underneath the main body of the cylinder 5actually closed with a screw i.e. not connected when operating
Some pics attached
Can anyone help me identify exactly what model it is and from which car it comes from and also where I could buy a new one or even what I could replace it with.
I do really struggle identifying it.
Many thanks in advance for your help
Best Regards
Laurenthennequin604

Attachments

• brake master cylinder 1.jpg
    brake master cylinder 1.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 251
  • brake master cylinder 2.jpg
    brake master cylinder 2.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 254
  • brake master cylinder 3.jpg
    brake master cylinder 3.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 203
  • brake master cylinder 4.jpg
    brake master cylinder 4.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 204

Ed McClements

Supporter
Hi Laurent

It looks like an ATE master cylinder from a 2.8i Granada or 2.8 Capri, same as this Bosch unit:-

or

Though this second link states 23.8 mm inner diameter.

Also here https://www.tickover.co.uk/shop/contents/en-uk/p1640.html which states the 23.8 is an "uprated" master cylinder. Not sure what your pedal box or pedal ratio is, and whether the larger diameter will give you too firm a pedal.

Cheers,

Eddy

Many Many Thanks Andy,
That's the one. you're a Star.
I'll probably buy the one from 23,8 from tickover. They confirm that it is the one and is actually a straight swap.
Many thanks again , I'll soon be back on the road again ;-)

Back