Targa Tasmania

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
The mechanic for 1109 thought it was genuine. His boss,Rob Sherrard was driving a porsche.

But I did have a good time and a lot of fun in an exciting car.

Ah well I have 12 months to the next one..............

Thanks very much Trevor, and well done.
I guess you can change your sig now. You are no longer 'assembling a pile of bits'. Whose chassis were you using?

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Trevor, I bet you had a blast! Typical Targa tale with an untried, unsorted car. It's a hell of a lot different to building and testing a car for ordinary road usage. Real good effort though. Will you be back next year, I bet it's very addictive! Did you find the low seating position much of a handicap on undulating roads (visibility over blind brows)or do you have pace notes? What size tyres and rims were you running? Once again well done.

Regards

The Daytona Coupe (pictured above) finished a creditable fourth outright. Top effort against some pretty slick machines.
results

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Lee,
Sig changed!, The mono was built by Frank Wigg in NZ about 1990, basically a copy of a Safir tub.

Russ,
Visibility not a problem, when you are sitting in the car the nose is very 'short'. The part that failed was the only part that I did not dismantle. Tyre size 225/65-15 front Avon, 275/55-15 rear pirelli P7 Rims 7.5 front 11.0 rear.
60 series tyres at front would have been better. The car handled exceptionally well but it took a while to scrub in the tyres, particularly the front. I will be back next year.
Shortly I will post the story + photos.

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
these will fit

Attachments

• 57207-P1010784.JPG
    57207-P1010784.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 320
Back