Thank You

Yeah Faili, and next you'll be telling us you prefer
Coors over Guinness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ian

Fran-

I love your car on the merits of itself. Not where you're from, where it's manufactured, or anything else. I think you have a great product and intend to invest in it soon.

Bill D

Coors?? Now that's a bad replica of beer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif How can anybudy drink these beers (Bud and coors). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Fali,
If you are ever over here in the UK, I'll treat you to an evening of Speckled Hen and GT talk... well maybe jibberish after 8 pints!

Brett

Brother McCall, it is written, it shall be done! But please, No Lemon tea or cucumber sandwiches. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks,

Brother Fali, who do you think I am the pope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Fish & Chips for in this church /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lee, I think your analysis is spot on.

Fran's products look fantastic and I wish him the best. I know Bill Hough is doing Fran's bodies and Bill is good people. I've never met Fran but I've heard nothing but good things about him, and his work products are a testament to his character. I'm sure Fran's cost structure is a little lower than his neighboring car makers in Detroit...I'll bet Fran isn't charging $1,400 per car for health insurance!

Mr. Smith, there are thousands of crappy bulletin boards on the internet where you can post to your heart's content anonymously. There are few, like this one, where we all keep each other honest. The fact that gt40s.com has the best signal/noise ratio has a lot to do with the integrity of our little community. I suggest you either tell us who and where you are and contribute in a positive manner, or return to lurking and enjoy the great tech this site has to offer.

[ QUOTE ]
My, you people are friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we are very friendly ... and the big reason why we are
is because we don't hide behind pseudonyms.

Look around some more and see how board members from different
countries open their arms to their overseas brethren, and
how we can leave most politics out of our discussions, and
just stick to business - GT40s and GT40 replicas, with
occasional forays into Ferraris, Panteras, Jags, Lolas, and
other fantastic machines.

This communtiy loves to talk, provide assistance, theorize,
hypothesize, and just plain old have fun. Feathers get
ruffled ar times, but things usually smooth over quickly.
But, again, it's because we know who each other is, and
there are no pretenses or BS as a result.

So, come in, join the fun, and introduce yourself.

Or don't.

It's your perogative.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
Smith if you're so afraid of ridicule perhaps the best thing for you would be to play it intirely safe and not post at all. Generally I don't bother with a newbie until he introduces himself and shows his enthusiasam for what this forum was developed. You jump in with both feet then proclaim "I don't want to tell you anything about myself because I'm so afraid of redicule. Too bad, you're the one that loses . So far as I know there is very little of that kind of behavior here.
Most likely you're a very nice guy and you must have an interest in these cars or you wouldn't have shown up here.
Frans cars are terrific. He fill a nich that was sorely needed in this industry. But I would find it hard to believe that all products on his cars are American made. Most all the accessories like tail lights and headlight are most likely from Europe. The days of buying ALL AMERICAN is over. It's near impossible to do that because most American companies use products from other countries to build their own. As Ford imports engines from Canada as GMC imports engines from Mexico.
Smith, if you ever get to Phoenix give me a call and we will have good visit and a few cold beverages. I'll buy the first couple rounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to agree. Being new myself, I know that people do not know me and they also do not know what I mean when I say certain things. So the way you word things is critical.

I do not understand the ridicule statement. I am wondering, ridicule of your financial status or what vehicle you drive or what? The majority of people here own GT40s and that is intimidating in a way. But I don't see why you would be ridiculed for NOT having one if you love the car! I own a 1971 Mach 1, it is no where near a GT40, but all the same it is what I own and can afford as well as love too.

Like people have said already, what Fran is doing is great. He is producing a great product. I just think you went about it all the wrong way. I too live in America and I am proud. But I don't put down people that do not buy totaly American built cars. And as Hershal said, a lot of components of American cars are not American made, and in some cases not assembled in America.

Just throwing in my .02

Hey Bob,
Your shiney new two cents is welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Iluv them 71 stangs with the letter slot rear window..

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Smith,
Here is my 0.02p. Re-read the original posts. All people asked was that you gave a little explanation. Your 'assumption' that people would belittle you is stereo typing. I have been on this board for over two years and have never seen this happen. Sure people will say please use the search engine and raise health & safety issues, but never the former.

I can truly say with hand on my heart, you could not wish to meet a group of better people interactively. The fact that many of us are willing to open up our homes and go drinking with people we may have only seen in 60x60 pictures, is a testament to this. How? By building the relationship and being open with each other and sharing information. This is what our community does (apart from being complete petrol heads and beer drinkers). I am truly sorry that if your past experiences have made you feel the way you do, but please scan the forum and you will see the hearts of all the members here: we write what we feel and feel what we write.

Brett

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Smith,

"Thrown back in my face" What face? You are nothing more than a aberration to us; an agent of the Matrix as some have queried or perhaps someone with an agenda trying to subtly make jibes at certain folks.

Be a man (or woman, since who REALLY knows?) and come clean! Tell us who you really are and what your interests are in GT40s. But don't mysteriously appear once a quarter with a one liner and expect to be hailed as some modern day prophet. You have to be a friend to have a friend and 'till we know who you are, how can we consider you a friend?

Regards,
Lynn

Back