Thanks.........

My first post - and one with thanks........

I took my GT (one of the new ones) to Le Mans with around ten other UK GT owners on a weekend organised by Roush - great fun. I was fortunate to meet up with the GT Enthusiast Club Chairman (Desmond?), and, although not a member of your club, was made most welcome.

A more genuine and delightful group of people would be hard to meet and Desmond and his wife were extremely welcoming and charming towards me and others in our group - so thanks very much!

I have never met Ken, however I know of him and heard he was ill - I hope he's recovering...

A small pic to amuse is attached - you can just see the 3 winning 1966 cars on the grid and you'll note that I have not been vulgar and attached a picture of my own car!

Attachments

• Le Mans 9 copy 2.jpg
    Le Mans 9 copy 2.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 536
Neil, sod the vulgarity, get the pics of your car up too !! :D

Welcome to the forum, and glad the guys made you welcome.

Where are you in the uk ?
Just wondering if we'll see you or your freinds along at any of the club meets :)

Cheers,
John. (who didn't go to the classic and is kicking himself !)

OK, here's one then.... a rather foggy fuel stop on pretty much the first station on the peage.

I'm in Surrey - not far from Chiddingfold...

Attachments

• Le Mans fuel.jpg
    Le Mans fuel.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 492

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
And I believe I have the whole lot travelling through the Dunlop curves on video

Great weekend but atill p155ed off my car did not go!

I'll get the video out later and see if it is worth posting

also have 2 laps on video from Desmond's car and the whole crowd through the start line from the pit stand.

Ian

There was a chap sitting on the back of a truck with a video camera - is that the tape you have? Would love to see it.....

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
No - for the second laps I was in the Dunlop Stand

For the first laps my camera was handed to the passenger in Desmond's car

At work at present - will see what the tape looks like tonight - I hate when work gets in the way of proper stuff!

Ian

Neil,
Chiddingfold is just up the road from me :D I live near Cranleigh ;)

Looking forward to seeing you and your car at the next Surrey area meet at Cobham :)

Le Mans

Ian, I also have in car footage of both on track sessions. I would like to put together a edited DVD of all club footage, so if I can borrow any tape you have I will put it together for club members. Frank

Thanks to all

Dears,

I want to thank you all again for the efforts you made to organize this event.
I had very nice conversations with some of you and was very pleased to meet you again.

It is not easy to be shared between the club area, the track side, the paddocks ... may be the reason why i was not so often near my car.

We enjoyed as well the BBQ on the Saturday evening which was so well prepared (James your chili was awesome). The work achieved by all was impressive !!

I hope to meet again.

John W said:
Neil,
Looking forward to seeing you and your car at the next Surrey area meet at Cobham :)

The next one is TOMORROW, Wednesday 12 July, at the Fairmile Hotel on the old A3 out of Cobham towards Esher.

See you there, Neil?

Tony, I won't have the GT tomorrow night unfortunately - sod's law! I'm at the Top Gear studios in Dunsfold during the day and then Roush are picking it up late afternoon to prepare it for a trip to Provence.

All very swanky sounding - but there we are!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
View from the back of the 'grid'

Well I was right at the back (ok one gulf coloured one just behind me), so a pretty damned good view. Shame it didn't come out so well on my photos with ordinary digital camera (original full size ones better of course).

Attachments

• Dscn5262.jpg
    Dscn5262.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Dscn5258.jpg
    Dscn5258.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Dscn5260.jpg
    Dscn5260.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Dscn5259.jpg
    Dscn5259.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 376
saw a 40 on the back of an AA truck heading north up the A3 at Hindhead today, about 4:20pm.
I think it was blue with an orange stripe (I turned off before I really caught it up). Any one on here ?

Back