The official price, car and options

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I don't recall seeing anyone post all the official prices so here they are:

Base list $139,995.00 (previously listed)

Destination and delivery $1250.00

Gas Guzzler tax $2600.00....no one has mentioned this before...

MacIntosh "Audiophile" CD/radio option $4000.00

BBS 18/19" forged wheel option $3500.00 (I think these are better looking than the standard wheels but neither really floats my boat..

Red or gunmetal gray painted calipers (black is std.) $750.00

Painted over the car stripes, includes painted side stripes in lieu of the standard tape stripes on the side..$5000.00

So a maxed out, optioned car will list for 157,095.00

And the dealer markup is LESS than you would expect!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Where's mine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
We still do not know if we will have a second car. The dealer did not win an extra one at the Spring dealer meeting (unlucky stiff....) and the extra allocations have not been issued yet. Dealer is still undicided about keeping the first car for himself.

Sensei, I will talk to him today and let you know...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mark - my dealer doesn't have ANY of this info. totally data-free. they don't even have the brochures yet.

do you have some "secret source" that nobody else has, or is my dealer asleep at the wheel?

doody.

mark:

has there been any material change on the specs and options since the "2005MY FORD GT Marketing Strategy and Mix Recommendations" document dated 01/22/04?

what's the cost on the racing stripes? option 97P according to that document. the "delete" of the body-side stripes (97D) is a no-cost option, but the document implies the over-body racing stripes won't be free and are definitely optional.

any official word on actual flywheel or rearwheel power numbers?

doody.

will i go blind if i answer my own questions?

i found an ebay auction that says the body stripe option is $5K MSRP.

yikes.

and i thought the $6K 360 Challenge Stradale optional stripe was priced ridiculously. after the USD-Euro conversion they're probably the same --- and the GT stripe only uses one color of paint.

i wonder if it's really that hard to do or if they figure if ferrari can get away with it, then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

---------------------

and the BBS wheels option seems excessively priced. i don't know the exact details of this wheel, but i can't find any car BBS wheel online for more than $700. even if you assume they're $1000 each, if you get the stock wheels and then buy four new rims and switch the tires you still end up with well more than $500 worth of wheels left over (to sell or use for slicks, or whatever). am i missing something or is this a gouging?

doody.

sorry - ONE more comment on the stripe.

according to a 360 CS owner with the stripe, who has compared his CS to a non-stripe CS, the "striped" car gets a whole bunch of extra clearcoat on it - presumably to level out the ultimate finish. i've felt the stripe on a 360 CS and you can't feel it - it's just smooth across.

if the GT gets that many "extra" clear coats, then that's worth something. whether it's worth five large is an exercise left for the buyer of course.

doody.

and apologies for missing the paint stripe $5K option in your first post. i swear i didn't see it my first time through. time for some new eyes.

interesting point re: the weight of the clear coat. i doubt it's 20lbs, but who knows.

doody.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Most likely the GT brochures disappeared into the black hole that is the salesforce, parts dept. and service boffins....

The brochures can be ordered by the dealer at the dealer E-store in boxes of 25, the order number is 05GTCAT. Perhaps if you offer to pay for the whole box they will order a box for you. After the initial free supply the dealer must pay for any extras! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

And yes, I think 5K is steep for the stripes...I am sure they will be applied before the clearcoat and bake cycle and will not require much extra clear to level them. Trust me, you NEVER want extra paint thickness, when the mils pile up, the paint problems multiply!

Does anyone here know anything about the MacIntosh audio systen and if $4000.00 is in line? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The brochures can be ordered by the dealer at the dealer E-store in boxes of 25, the order number is 05GTCAT. Perhaps if you offer to pay for the whole box they will order a box for you. After the initial free supply the dealer must pay for any extras! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is a box of catalogs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is a box of catalogs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense a forum group purchase brewing...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
OK,

I will check price today and figure out a total for some. I would imagine that most people would want at least two, one to "collect" and one to thumb through and dream....

I will post a proposal that covers cost but does not pillage and plunder.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
OK,

How about this? The brochures will be $2.50 each. They are big (11"X11") so the safest way to ship them would be in a mailing tube. I will price the tubes and post it. I would charge only for the brochures, tube and shipping. I will figure prices for US mail based upon the number ordered. Those not in the US will need to email me for a quote. I will mail them twice a week (or more often if I have time)

These are decent brochures but NOT of Ferrari quality as they are not really needed to sell the car, they are more for a giveaway to other customers. They are full color and do have a nice picture of the bare alloy structure as well as all the colors and features. Yellow car with stripes on the cover, a nice red car with no stripes on the inside cover. Many other pictures.

I will send them anywhere so long as I can cover the mailing cost.

If this works for you, please post how many you might want so I can order them. I will ask for an email with your shipping info. I can take PayPal or you can send a check to my PO box...I would prefer PayPal as it does not require me to make a trip to the Post Office....I generally only get there twice a week.
Also they come from Ford in a box of 15...if you want all 15 I will send the box (iot is marked as the "2005 Ford GT" and could be extra collectible!
Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back