The Screamer Returns!

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
This one still gets me - it's the 1950'3 V16 BRM. 585hp out of 1.5 litres, redlined at 14,000rpm. One of the few engine sounds that encompass the stirring base sounds at low revs. then goes insane at high revs.

I have never managed to find any decent video footage, but this is a series of pics, set to the sound track of Nick Mason's (Pink Floyd) BRM - a lap from a fixed mic (be patient), then some in-car recording.

**NEW** BRM V16 Sound - YouTube

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Take heart Kieff, you didnt have to see the Lemans winning Mazda get spun onto the inside turn 4 gator teeth thursday practice. He was all teetery on the FIM inner super high curb, fortunately he didnt hurt the car when he decided to sort of pull out in front of some traffic. It probably looked more risky than it was but still, to be driving THAT car and not take extra precaution......

Who drove that car that weekend? I was not there for the actual 'race'.

I have seen that Gurney Eagle before...man you just don't want to leave, you could stand there and droool all day. OK I could anyway.

Man, those were real race cars...that Mazda looks like a serious work out to race. Old Johnny there looks like he's breathing pretty hard and having to work at it with all his effort. Manual shift, doubt there's any traction control or active difs or a lot of telemetry.

That's so much more interesting to see than a guy pressing a few buttons with his thumb on a "manetino" wheel. Boring.

Keith

I have seen that Gurney Eagle before...man you just don't want to leave, you could stand there and droool all day. OK I could anyway.

The Eagle just nails the expression "If it looks good it probably goes good" and to me represents well into the top 10 of the most starkly functional and beautiful race cars - ever.

Back