Thermal Energy Storage, or why I've been scarce around here lately

Mark,

I saw the movie "Up In the Air" yesterday. In it, George Clooney plays a person whose job it is to travel to different companies and fire people. One of the lines of the movie he delivers as part of his approach to letting people go is:

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it's *because* they sat there that they were able to do it."

Mike

Three months and ten days after I was dumped by my former employer and I am pleased to announce that Underground Energy has landed its first Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage project. Every day I learn more, I work harder, and I build more value in my business. We're starting off slow...it's a feasibility study for now, but this client has a golden rep and credit rating, they have the perfect facility, and they're VERY interested. If the FS checks out then we start in with the design work this summer. If things go well my little green start-up will have done one of only two ATES projects in the US. At that point I could muster up so much free PR that I think things would soon get crazy. I've executed a teaming agreement with the Dutch firm that pioneered this technology in Europe in the 1990s. I also have several other irons in the fire. I swear, I'm happier than I've been in decades.

Oh yeah, the weather is finally warming up and I bought a fresh gallon of body filler the other day. :)

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Congratulations and I think you will be much happier man in the years to come. I am 55 and have been in business for myself for the past 30 years, it has its ups and downs, but when it boils down to success or not it all lays in your hands. Having a wife that is an RN is a plus, she can keep tract of your blood pressure as does mine. :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Way to go Mark!!! :thumbsup:

There'll be huge rewards in it down the road - just keep the faith and your milestones within sight...

Back