This Is Serious!

Keith

I was somewhat alarmed to read the BBC Weather News Headline this morning:

West of England: "Yellow Snow Warning" :stunned:

The Met Office has issued an amber "be prepared" warning of wind on Wednesday as well as yellow "be aware" snow, wind and rain warnings.

Mike Pass

Supporter
They are spot on. I have terrible wind today. I shall of course follow the advice of our friends the Inuit and not eat the yellow snow.
Cheers
Mike

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Equally bad here, although no floods as yet. We did that a couple of years ago, no fun at all. There are still old photos of downtown Annapolis with four and five feet of water in the shops on the harbor. It's snowing briskly, though. Mush!

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Well, we had an interesting evening. The wind buffeted the house with wind speeds reported of over 100 mph. I ventured outside several times, to check on the tarpaulin covering a 15' x 8' x 5' pile of pitch pine i have. I weighed it down with 8' foot scaffold boards. Next time i checked, the greenhouse had gone and i mean GONE!! Nowhere to be seen in the garden....wtf. Eventually i lost the tarpaulin, just ripped off and i guess into some neighbours garden. Two mature 40 to 50 foot trees down at the end of the road and lost all power from around 10.30 last night until about 45 minutes ago.
First job when it is light is to check for damage to the roof.
On the news, i see they are reporting an even BIGGER storm gathering force and predicted to make landfall monday ish.
Damn, that means church on sunday for me...

Back