Top Gear

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Was it me having a senior moment or what ?
Is Top Gear dropping to a "Hill Start" or has Clarkson run out of saw-dust in his transmisson.

James May and Richard Hammond present their own programmes these days and are fun to watch. Now on Top Gear, there are virtually no cars on review and it's all about a rather stale Clarkson and a similarly flat script trying to recover from Hammond's limelight.

The team who wrote Clarkson's latest laddish prank got it completely wrong and the trip through the southern US states trying to upset the local people was as garish to me as the latest Big Brother non-event.

So for me, it's bring back Noel Edmonds - at least he knew a decent car when he saw one.

Hi Jim

I completely agree I fell asleep after the first five minutes more boring than F1 and cricket.
Next time they want to test a 300 MPH car with 200 MPH tires on it they should put Clarkson in it.

Chris.

PS WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS HAIR STYLE THIS WEEK??

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thankfully, we here in Canada won't have to suffer through the new episodes for at least another year, as our networks seem to prefer to purchase stale, out-of-date programs. :(

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Mark,
Chris is correct.
By the time you get this one, Clarkson might have a merkin to boost the tonsorial deficiency.

Keith

I'm sorry guys, but I stopped watching Top Gear about a year ago. I think it only had a couple of years in it anyway..

It was good while it lasted, but the show has become like it's Principal, bloated and irrelevant....

As for Noel Edmonds, it's true he used to own a decent car once AND drove to work in it.....

But that was a long time ago now.... no deal. :zzz:

Mark,
Canada runs parallel to Australia on many things. And we too get episodes of Top Gear one year late.

Disappointing to hear it has currently gone to seed.

Dalton

I too thought it was pants.

They seem to have drifted away from reviewing cars, and moved on to paid jollies.
I missed most of the program, and to be honest what my wife told me of it, it was no great loss. I did think the stoning of the camera crew in the petrol garage was amusing. They set out to upset the locals, and got exactly what they asked for. Just a shame they managed to get May's car going imo ;)

The other bit I caught was when they finally arrived. The extent of devastation this long on was trully stunning.
I assume that is due to the owners / tennants not being insured, so no money to clear up or rebuild. I was surprised the government has not done more to aid these people...

The only way to change the program is to email the top gear people and tell them its all pants, and you'd rather watch big brother ;)

Keith

Too late now Dave...no woman, no need.

Anyone want a flat pack of pine shelves (very much in vogue in the '70's) never used still in original packaging and could tell a story or 2, of war, lust, strife, greed, violence and abuse - and that's just the 1st wife - if they could only talk....

Personally, I blame it all on the shelves. If I hadn't have bought them in the first place, there wouldn't have been the constant pressure to put the blamed things up.....

They became a 'cause celebre' for nearly all subsequent house invaders and would be looters.

I'm gonna burn them!:mad:

Malcolm

Supporter
I finally saw this Top Gear episode last night. Before I had wondered what the hoo ha was about but now I know. It was in poor taste (possibly racist) and this week I was glad not to have any American friends staying! It seemed to me to be a "special" so lets hope the quality improves next week.

Back