Tornado for sale UK, 22K!

It was indeed snapped up quickly!!!
After years of wanting a '40, I'm collecting the car on Tuesday.
Jim, the chap selling the car, was fantastic. As the price may suggest, the car isn't 100%perfect, but it is tidy, mechanically sound, and shouldn't take too much time or effort to get it ready for Le Mans next year.
I may need some help with the car in the future - watch this space!!
Darren.

Congratulations Darren, looks like you got a great deal, I am in the same position as you were. But a little more difficult when you are on the other side of the sea, cannot just hop in the car and take a drive to look.
Anyway enjoy
Steve

Simon

It is genuinely way better than I thought it would be!

The car seems to be well put together. It could do with air con / better ventilation, and a proper set up of the suspension, but no major problems identified so far. As with most cars using ex-Granada brakes, I suppose these could be improved too.

I've only spent a couple of hours in it so far, but I am pleased to say that the mechanics, even the rod gear-change, all seems to work well. I drove it home on Monday which was very hot and humid, and even though we got stuck in traffic, there were no overheating problems (apart from me that is).

I am amazed how much attention the car gets. I parked it outside my parents house; they live opposite a pub. Within a couple of minutes, everyone from the pub was admiring the car!

I am considering changing to 17" alloys, if anyone has any contacts for these.

Cheers,

Darren

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Darren

Congratulations on the purchase of your TS40.

If you need any parts or advice you can contact me at the factory on 01562 820373.

Thanks

Andy

Back