UK CAV Gen2 for sale

Marcus

Supporter
See pics below of the last of my CAV cars for sale from my collection.

This is a 2007 Gen 2 Wide Bodied CAV with 347 stroker.

Finished in a gun metal metallic paint with twin silver racing stripes. The car looks and drives like new as you would expect having covered just 1,500 miles.

Car features the unique CAV Stainless Steel chassis with all the quality rose jointed suspension, Wilood brakes with adjustable bias etc.

Mechanically this CAV features a brand new ford racing engine. It is a 302 stroked to 347. It has a race/road camshaft, light weight ally head, racing pistons and conrods, a light weight fly wheel. Engine read 425hp at 5000rpm on the dyno at the fly wheel when built.

The inlet manifold features an expensive 48 Webber downdraft carb setup which not only makes more power but also gives the car a serious retro look.

The car has a tastful set of period race decals which can be removed should the new owner want a more contemporary looking 40.

CAV cars are very rare here in the UK...I am a huge fan and consider the build quality of the highest order.

GT40 prices are on the rise here in the UK with the excellent Mick Sollis cars now avilable on a wait list new through AK for I believe in excess of £115,000 plus VAT for a stock set up.

My lovely stock narrow bodied Gen 1 Blue 302 CAV sold recently for £90k and my Gen 2 CAV is certainly not a stock car. It is presented in absolutely as new condition so I consider £110,000 to be a very fair asking price for this virtually unused Gen 2 Widebody CAV 347 stroker with the downdraft Webbers.

The car can be viewed in a workshop in Hertordshure with ramps and any inspection welcomed.
Interested parties please get in touch for more details and pictures.
Best to all
Marcus

Attachments

• 20221209_165228.jpg
    20221209_165228.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 1,426
  • 20221209_165121.jpg
    20221209_165121.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 1,507

Marcus

Supporter
As requested Bill... having been fortunate to own/drive a number of CAV's this is one of the best built cars I have seen with expecptional level of build quality and finish... if you require specific pictures of anything then let me know.
Cheers20221213_115429.jpg20221213_115505.jpg20221213_123315.jpg20221213_123355.jpg20221213_123340.jpg20221213_123412.jpg20221213_123540.jpg20221213_123657.jpg20221213_124302.jpg20221213_124657.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Guys....Will be taking this car to the Jan 1st Brooklands Classic meet weather permitting for anyone interested to view her...
Cheers
Marcus

Marcus

Supporter
Hi all the car is still available and thanks to those that have shown interest.
Cheers Marcus

Last edited:

Adrian Starling

Supporter
Marcus,
I hope all goes well with the sale of your very impressive Gen 2. Please can I ask who did the leather covered dash?
Kind regards,
Adrian

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Adrian...
This is a CAV car built in SA. They have a factory in Cape Town....
I am pleased you like the interior they make a stunning car..
Sorry I can't really help.
Kind regards

Marcus

Hi Marcus, can you comment about the stains on the shift tunnel and front right corner of the drivers seat?
thanks
Ken

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Ken...
Thanks for the interest...
When we first ran up the engine in the garage on arrival from SA we found loose clip on the water hose going into the heater box... it let by a very small amount of water until spotted and tightened...
This has now been sorted and there is no staining... I will post a few more pictures to show the condition now...
We have also changed the steering boss for a polished aluminium one with matching chrome FORD Racing centre cap... (personal choice but i think it looks better)...pictures to follow...
If you need any other specific pictures just let my know....
Cheers
Marcus

Last edited:

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Ken and others...
Apologies for the delay in getting this pic online however here it is showing new steering wheel Boss... IMHO an improvement...:)
My photography skills are about as good as my driving so I am having some decent pics taken of the car and these will be up on line within the next week... Hopefully this will do this lovely car more justice than my rather poor efforts...!!!
Best to all.
Marcus

Attachments

• 20230216_135359921.jpg
    20230216_135359921.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 436
Hi Marcus and all. sorry for the question but i was under the impression that CAV and SPF are about the same quality. am i wrong there? if not, why is this car substantially cheaper than the SPF's?

thanks

pedro

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Pedro...
Am sure others may wish to contribute their thoughts on the differences between SPF's and CAV but for what its worth here are mine:-

SPF
SPF pay a license so that they can give a car an official GT40 chassis continuation number.
SPF claim that 90% of their parts are interchangeable with the original 1960's GT40's...?
SPF GT40's are very rare in Europe due mainly to the cost and EU emissions which make the cars tough to register new

CAV
A proven track record of business 25years plus
A stainless steel mono chassis which is rust proof and stiff.

The similarities
Both cars are built in South Africa and can be built exactly to your own specification
Both cars are very good reproductions of the original 1960's GT40's and most would say are far more user friendly than the original offering A/C for instance which some people like but some not...
Built quality of both cars is outstanding

If you have an unlimited budget and a continuation number is very important to you then go for a SPF.......if however your budget is 2/3rds the price then a CAV is an extremely attractive option. These are my own personal thoughts but I am sure this might spark some debate on this forum. I personally have owned and driven several CAV's and all the other manufacturers cars and no two cars are alike. My preference on a sensible budget for an excellent GT40 is a CAV.........my Silver CAV above is a beauty complete with its downdraft Webbers giving it a very retro 1960's feel and if you are after a sorted car with just one owner and 1,300 miles its definitely worth a look.
Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus very helpful. Which of the SPF/CAV is more road friendly in your opinion? Also, why are you selling after so few miles? Btw were they track miles or road miles?

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Pedro...
I have had occasional opportunity to have CAV cars on the track and they make fun track cars......the type of car you can drive to a track and have great fun with and drive home...
Clearly the more you set the car up for track use the less friendly it us on the road but this is up to the owner to adjust to suit his/her objectives.
The CAV I own was imported from South Africa and has only seen very limited road use and no track use.
New this car with its 347 stroker and carbs would be in excess of 160 to 170k GBP in this spec.
I am fortunate enough to to own several GT40's and have decided to reduce my addiction as I simply don't have time to drive them all....!!
Any test is welcome and my workshop has ramps for viewing under her as might be required..
I am waiting for some decent weather to get some better pictures that I will post soon.
Cheers

Tks Marcus. Is it bad form to ask for a number? And where are you? If close enough id love to come and see you.
Tks

Back