Tornado in Surrey UK

Tornado on Ebay

41_12_sb.JPG

Rob

Keith

The high bidder to date is...... a gentleman by the name of Arthur Dailey!

Would you buy a used car from this man? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is my car, I bought it off the second owner near Bristol in Jan 2002. The car was originally built by Robert Logan before he moved abroad. To my knowledge the car went with him before being shipped back to the UK.

The previous owner bought the car when it came back. Because there was no documentation with it when it re-entered the country it had to be re-registered and gained the Q plate (while this seems to be a turn off for some owners, I've never had any adverse reaction from people looking at it, and at the end of the day its a replica not an original). The previous owner then retrimmed the car.

Work I've had done is the single vent bonnet (a new mold made up to give it the full depth of the rad) and the gearbox rebuilt.

The car is being sold as I want to build another GT40 replica using more correct parts (ZF gearbox etc), and would rather start from scratch than modify a car.

The car is in fairly good condition, just needs some TLC to clean up under the engine clip (new chassis paint etc).

Hope this helps. If you want anymore info give me a ring on the number shown on ebay.

Paul Durban

[ QUOTE ]
Might be an idea for RF to update their website with this car being a Tornado.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul, Robert has never shied away from the fact his first 40
was a Tornado. In the "About RF" he talks about building it
and modifying it.

If you are referring to the picture on the home page (and
in the gallery), I believe that car is not the Tornado he
originally built. I could be wrong.

Ian

Back