Tornado Mono Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Andy,
really nice work. Where do you plan to mount the steering rack? In the same position as the originals, or where it is currently located on your spaceframe design, with an access plate?
Regards
Andy

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Andy

Racks are in the same position with access panel. Panel has not yet been cut into the Mono in the pictures

Thanks

Andy

Andy
Looks superb, I especially like the detail at the rear where the radius rod exits the tub.
A question I have is how are you achieving front suspension alignment? It looks like there is sufficient room for mounting the upper and lower wishbones, but not enough for caster adjustment. I am assuming that camber comes off the top link at the upper ball joint, and was just curious about what method was used.
Cheers
Phil

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Phil

Camber is off the top balljoint. Caster is jigged in to a degree but adjustable by shiming the rod ends on the upper and lower wishbones.

Thanks

Andy

Ron Earp

Admin
Very cool, the chassis looks great!

It is amazing how much the GT40 replica market has progressed in the last five years or so, just so much fantastic stuff out on the market.

R

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Ron

Thanks for your comments.

Wait until you see the pricing. I think its going to turn the GT40 replica market on its head.

Thanks

Andy

No Jac,

I think that is what folks who may have recently put a deposit down on any other replica kit are going to do!

Cheers,
Scott

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Just to entertain the thought, would my earlier production TS40 body (below), suspension and components swap over to this new mono chassis economically?

Attachments

• DSC02004.jpg
    DSC02004.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 646

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Tim

Yes a lot of parts will swop over but it seems a shame to tear such a nice car apart.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,
I chose MDA and I'm happy with my choice but I must say your cars look great. I've not seen a bad one. Congratulations on the mono product. The market is buzzing right now and that's got to be good for everyone. Good luck with it.
Cheers,
Martin

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Martin

Thanks for the comments.

I think we may have sold you some light units some time ago.

Thanks

Andy

Indeed you did Andy, also the rear Le mans Grilles. They are installed and look Great. Credit where credit is due...
Cheers,
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back