Tornado TSC40 lands in Holland

Hi Trev,

I have used the shears for all the floor, I found that they are very easy to guide and you make a great line. I have used the jigsaw for the smaller sections as the shear isnt so good in small spaces.

With the shears you dont need any extra accessories, it is only for cutting straight pieces, I have the Bosch GSZ160 for other shapes but thats not so easy to work with, I agree with Andy the jigsaw with a fine blade will be okay..

Okay I am a tool freak!!!

Second best tool for the build is the air compressed rivet gun.....I never enjoyed riveting so much, not sure about what the neigbours think though:thumbsup:

hey John,

nice to see another dutch build taking shape, we need to start some sort of can-am club and make a trip to the ardennes when we're all finnished.
at the KCC we allready have a few GT40's some Mclaren M6's and T70 coupes and spiders....... would be nice methinks!

I hear you on the compressor stuf btw, a thing from heaven!

keep us updated!

Grtz Thomas

That'll be a great plan
hope to continue my build soon so mayby next year......
And John , you can never have enough good tools (although irene thinks otherwise)

cheers frank

Hi Thomas/Frank,

Taking the GT40 to Le Mans is my first adventure that I am planning, but I suppose Ardennes could also be possible :)

Friday no work was completed on the GT40, after I noticed the Porsche wheels were looking in need of attention, so Friday evening they got some TLC and are looking shiny & new!

Here's today update, the o/s sill has been done, and the last couple of hours has seen me making a cardboard template for the rear section.

The rear section hopefully will be finished tomorrow, time permitting or weather permitting.

Attachments

• Various 395.jpg
    Various 395.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 387
  • Various 396.jpg
    Various 396.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 361
  • Various 397.jpg
    Various 397.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 395
  • Various 398.jpg
    Various 398.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 376
  • Various 401.jpg
    Various 401.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 367
Here is todays progress, I managed to get the rear bulkhead, bent and cut to shape, next step is to side the small side panels and rivet the section in place. Thats it for this weekend :thumbsdown:I'm knackered.

Attachments

• Various 402.jpg
    Various 402.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Various 403.jpg
    Various 403.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Various 404.jpg
    Various 404.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 372
After a long silence and a busy work now period behind me......

Its Thursday night, the missus has gone away for four days :) peace and quite

I feel a weekend of precious garage time with my GT40, Formula 1 and some beers

Watch this space!

John

Back