Transaxle selection CAV GT40

Rick

Supporter
I want to upgrade the transaxle in my CAV to something that will hold more power. quality, durability and ease of use are my priorities, cost is on the bottom of the scale. I've searched for a Ricardo, and they are just not around. Having read through many pages on this forum, there seems to be a few other options I've listed below. The engine is an Aluminum 427 Windsor currently at Ron Shaver racing with a goal of a pump gas 600HP. I'd like to push the HP farther but don't want to grenade the ZF. I have seen MKI GT's with the rear shell cut out for the length of some of these transaxles and I am ok with that. I appreciate your feedback and experience with the below and if I missed an alternative, please make a suggestion. The intended use of the car is cruising, half mile or mile speed events. Thanks

*Mendeola
*Graziano
*Quaife
*Ricardo

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think I have a contact that still has new Ricardos. I’m gone for the holidays, but can check for his information when I get back if you desire. You can contact me via PM if you would like that information.
Regards Brian

Back