Transaxle w/T56 internals?

Haven't been on in awhile, Fran is almost done with my chassis. here is the Mendeola sequential 5 speed for my car that Ian did for me, should be pretty bullet proof. Using a load cell shift knob to control the ECU for the ignition cut and auto blip

trans.jpg

I got everything from Ian at Mendeola Powertrain for just under 18k, included a dual disk 9 inch clutch pressure plate and flywheel, and the starter
They have a variety of gear ratios and bell housings
They also have a lower cost trans with syncros that they can turn into a dog box but it would have an H pattern
I also got a shifter from them for around 300
My trans is good for 700 lbs torque and can add a pump and cooler to it if necessary

According to Mendeola data the distance from output flange center to rear of TA is ~ 22.50" with 31.75" OA length on what appears to be VW bell housing. Might pay to get the tape measure out first Dave.

My transaxle is 30 1/4 overall length plus 1 1/2 for the barrel sensor so that is correct
the clutch is a Kennedy Engineering Products 228 mm 6 puck sprung hub twin disk that will handle 945 lbs of torque with higher rated clutches available Mendeola Powertrain has bells for Ford and Chevy and there are adapters to go to about anything else. The trans were designed for offroad buggies (VW bells ) and 600 plus hp offroad trucks
The starter is on the bell which gets it away from the exhaust and oil pan. Fran assured me that it will fit in the SLC but I don't know if it fits the GT 40

Back