Just got my copy. HIGHLY recommeded.
Great additional to the collection.
Some photos I've never seen before
and interesting text.
Lee Holman's attempt to sell MK II's
is especially interesting.
Gotta love all those monocoques stacked
like cordwood!

Amazon.com was cheap and easy to use too!

MikeD

Re: Trevor Legate\'s New Book

Mike, I find it quite interesting that Trevor chose to put a photograph of a replica (GTD)
wink.gif
on the cover, rather than an original '40. Perhaps our friends in the UK could be kind enough to provide some details.
Brian

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Loved this book, although it's full of typos and some incorrect info. But, obviously done by someone who loves the marque, as do we all, and the quality of the printing and photos is very good indeed. One of th best parts is the parts list at the end; now publishing a 1965 price sheet for these parts would have caused some real chest pain around here, I think...they may have been expensive then but I bet a ZF box didn't cost 7500$ when the whole car was 18000.
Has anyone else seen the CD article on the proposed new Ford GT40, and what do y'all think of it....?
Jim R

With regard to the new GT40 book by Trevor Legate, Trevor determined very early on in the preparation of the book to feature Robin Batts yellow GTD replica. We did a photo session with him at Goodwood, and another extensive studio session with the car which resulted in the magnificent shots of the car as seen in the book.Trevor has also published a definitive book on the AC COBRA. We are very pleased that he has recognised the replicas as serious cars alongside the originals, and I think his photographic team were totally convinced when they asked to do a few in car shots, not really expecting them to be taken at 150 mph on the back straight, Robins "i,ll do a few slow laps while you get your shots in" was not convincing after the first lap.

I found the summary of the prize money very intresting - I think now days you would have to add a few zeros. The other was the letter to H - M concerning their honoring Fords request to hold back.
Book is highly recomended.

Back