Turn in your firearms...

They are not all outlawed here Pete, you just have to jump through many hoops . .then rejump through them every 5 years and swing many $$ the governments way to keep your licence here. I tell you, if i caught some joker rattling my home cage he would be sniffing the wrong end of my 44 magnum!! . .just have to get it out of the double locked, screwed down box and remember the safe combo to get my ammo :mad: Mind you when they had that buyback . .i got good $$ for a crappy old pump action i kept meaning to scrap!!:)
Receivers.JPG

I agree Mark and Pete. Heck, here in Oz if you hit an intruder with anything more than a feather duster you can get charged with using unreasonable force. If someone's breaking into my home, or stealing my car, I want to be able to use reasonable force, which may require shooting their kneecaps to stop them flleing the scene. But our politicians are protecting us from all that, we can't have guns, or even aggressive looking feather dusters.

My 2c.

Dalton

Dalton, 2 shots, one in kneecap, one into the sky . . .which one was the warning shot . . .the first one of course ;)

But yeh i'm hearing you about the feather, some bloke in Brisbane a few years back blasted some seasoned crim that he found in his garage . . .he was only hiding out of the rain apparently. . . .and old mate got dragged thru the wringer.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Dalton, 2 shots, one in kneecap, one into the sky . . .which one was the warning shot . . .the first one of course ;)

But yeh i'm hearing you about the feather, some bloke in Brisbane a few years back blasted some seasoned crim that he found in his garage . . .he was only hiding out of the rain apparently. . . .and old mate got dragged thru the wringer.

That is the problem, getting dragged through the wringer, some guy invades your house, you have filled in the forms, you are are member of the correct gun club, have done the safety course, have the licence and coincidentally had your weapon out of the safe and were cleaning it when the invasion took place.
In fear of your life, and protecting your wife and kids you shoot the bastard dead. (much better than wounding is my advice, he cannot sue you.)
You will still be charged with manslaughter, if not murder and will have to sell your house to pay for your defense. IF, a big If, you are acquitted, you will not get a penny back for wrongful arrest or victim compensation.

If you only wounded the bad guy, he will get legal aid and sue your arse for a whole slew of real or imagined problems, both physical and mental, as a result of the trauma.

Life gets tedious don't it?:dead:

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
When I held a business pistol license prior to my divorce (divorce automatically revoked the license) I was told off the record if I had to shoot someone make sure the shot was a good one and the perp would not be able to testify.

That way I would stand a chance of walking away intact.(from the law that is).

Dimi

Back