TVR Griffiths?

I've always liked these cars,anybody know where I can find a good website or info about them?Thanks

Tvr

Fun car. I had a 1973 2500M that only had a Triumph TR6 engine and it hauled a** quite well. The biggest problem with the TVR's of that era is that there is only a bed frame. Virtually no protection and the gas tank in inside the car covered by a piece of wood and carpeting. Not all that safe. Mine was rearended in front of my house by a Caddillac. It was split in two with the gas tank getting flattened and the entire inside of the car sprayed with gas. Not a pretty site. But, I would get another one in a minute, put in a roll cage and isolate the gas tank. That would make it about as safe as my Mini.

I should have said TVR Griffith from the 60s

Most all the forums talk about a newer model of the one I'm interested in.I didn't even know they made a newer model.Thanks guys

I owned 2 series 200 cars. The problem is rust in the chassis tubing. The fibreglass is wrapped around the tubing and holds water very nicely. The basic chassis design is the same as the cars made until around 1980. The diff is MGB with a special housing and needs to be upgraded to a Jag if you run a big motor. The fuel tank/ bumper is a big problem and even on the street one should think about a fuel cell.

Back