UK 908 /910 / 917 bodies

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Stunning, Chris, are you going to do a 904? not that I should take on any more projects, I need to finish my GT40 and then take a long trip in it..

Hi Randy

still working on the complete set of uprights price with knock on hubs.

Jim I will leave the 904 for Fran at RCR.

Regards

Chris.

Hi Alan

thanks for the picture

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• 908.jpg
    908.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 886
Some progress on the prototype 910/906 chassis. We are just positioning and checking as we go.
We are using the 911 steering rack, and column with Momo wheel. Porsche uprights ect.
The suspension is fully adjustable.
Once we are happy with the setup we will blast and powdercoat.

regards

Chris.

Attachments

• porsche 910g1.jpg
    porsche 910g1.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 739
  • porsche910h1.jpg
    porsche910h1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 686
  • porsche910j1.jpg
    porsche910j1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 626
  • porsche 910a.jpg
    porsche 910a.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 626
Thanks mate, we are close to getting the hubs assembled ready for knock on's with huge Porsche styled wheel nuts.

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• porsche 910 n1.jpg
    porsche 910 n1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 559
  • Porsche 910l1.jpg
    Porsche 910l1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 500
second try withphotos.

Attachments

• Porsche 910m1.jpg
    Porsche 910m1.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 624
  • porsche 910 n1.jpg
    porsche 910 n1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 598
  • poarsche910f1.jpg
    poarsche910f1.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 722
So is your 908 project ahead over this one, Im a little confused by the 910/906 chassis that you showed here or I might be missing something else... Anyway is looking good.

By the way Chris I sent you a p.m.

As I started this thread so long ago, thought I should post an update...... This weekend I should be picking up a set of Chevron B8 front and rear clamshells. Plan remains similar, but will more likely involve a Lotus Europa base instead of the 914.

The panels need work to tidy them up (they'll be used to make a mould rather than used on the car themselves) and I'll have to devise a rear centre section with Europa structure and bespoke outer skin, roof and door skins.

Not going to be a quick project....... who knows, maybe i'll end up building a 'proper' chassis?

That's an interesting project. I've got a Europa & keep toying with the idea of re-bodying it. A Chevron might be just the size for that. Please post some pix of the body. an easy project (I think) to add side pods & subframes to the Europa frame done in square tube & alum. skin.
Mike

Is there any news on this project Chris? I am really interested in a 908 project myself and I tried to PM you about it a while ago but got no response

For those that live in South Florida a trip to Gunnar Racing in West Palm Beach should be on your list. They don't discourage visitors and their "museum" is jaw-dropping stunning. They are the real deal when it comes to 917's, 910's, 908's, 962's, on and on.

They were building a 917 tube frame when I was there, it was interesting to see the fittings on the frame to send oil to the cooler thru the chassis tubes.

Camera's aren't very welcome, some personal pics were ok, just didn't want them to be posted on the internet.

Wow and Wow.

Back