US House Bill 45

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
To give you a little example, I ESCAPED from a communist country to get away from your kind of mentality. In this great country even you have the freedom for your ill-conceived opinion.

Guess what? I'm a citizen and I pack. I love it.

Welcome to the United States of America.
Where we can voice our opinions without fear of retribution, unlike many of the Communist countries out there..

My grand parents on both sides immigrated to the USA. One set from Holland and the other set from Germany - lucky to have escaped the grip of Adolph Hitler. My Grandfather (on my mother's side) was a brilliant engineer.. Just what the Third Reich was after and they already had his number. They left everything behind and escaped through the mountains in Austria.. So what I'm saying is that after learning from my Grandfather what kind of oppression is/was in those countries - I have a true appreciation for the rights we have here.

Isn't it great to be able to hold your own opinions and to be able to openly discuss them? I think it is...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Randy,
I understand your option not to carry a weapon or be around them. My experience with Vietnam Vets is they either love their weapons and never leave home without them, or they do not want to be around them at all. I know that war did a lot to screw up lots of then young american's lives. Thanks for your service, that goes to everyone who served.

As for carrying a weapon, in Texas, if you're traveling you can have a loaded pistol in your car and no license needed. But they haven't defined traveling and I doubt they will. That way it can be open to the decision of the officer. Guess that can be good or bad. LOL But if you do have a Consealed Carry Permit, you are required to present that to the officer who pulls you over along with your license. And the cool thing is, they normally let you off the hook. LOL They see you as law abiding citizen if you've gone through all the steps in order to get that permit.

Each state has their own laws and regulations concerning weapons, I don't think we need FEDERAL Government intervention in these kinds of laws.

As for the corruption comment I made, yeah, there are some bad apples in the bunch. There are also some really solid politicians in there who are trying to make a difference. I didn't mean to bunch them all together. But I did. Same kinda deal with Real Estate Agents or people who work at Retail Automotive Repair places. LOL I have had people flat out tell me I'm a crook when I worked at Firestone. I've also been told by people that they don't trust Real Estate Agents because they all lie. LOL I guess I'm going to suck at this career, I'm too honest.

Good stuff,

Brian

Last edited:
My biggest problem with legislation like this is that it is introduced to “help reduce crime”. In actuality, it is just another step to punish law abiding citizens and chip away at the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Amendment. The real goal is to eventually take every gun from every law abiding citizen. What about the criminals committing crimes??? How about catching, prosecuting and SENTANCING them?!?!?!?!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
My mother-in-law’s brother was murdered in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Baltimore</st1:place></st1:City> by a career criminal out on parole. The murder weapon was his fists and a parking curb. After the thug had knocked Gibbons down, he smashed his head on a parking curb. He was so beaten that he was unrecognizable. Instead of dealing with real criminals, the government will pass more BS legislation and make law abiding citizens into criminals or punish law abiding citizens..<o:p></o:p>
And for anyone who doubts this, years ago <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">New Jersey</st1:State></st1:place> made registration mandatory for certain guns. Doesn’t sound too bad right??? Then a few years later, NJ banned guns on that list. AND NOW THEY KNEW WHO HAD THEM. Turn them in or you are now a felon. So first someone buys a gun legally, and after a few years and has done NOTHING wrong, they are now on the verge of being a felon if they do not turn in the gun (with little or no compensation). <o:p></o:p>
Here’s an idea for the government… GO AFTER REAL CRIMINALS, you know the ones that break the laws. Prosecute real criminals and punish them and see what happens to the crime rate!?!?!?!?<o:p></o:p>

I find it interesting that we sit and argue about gun control; when i think, we are actually missing the bigger picture. Banning guns is a result of a broken society, and placing a ban is confirmation that the society has gotten so out of control, so lazy and apathetic; that it no longer can handle the responsibility.

The question is how did we come from this:
"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments,to which the people are attached, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." - James Madison

To where we are today.

If you figure out how to stop this progression toward tyranny, you wouldnt have to worry about 2nd amendment infringements.

But something that really grinds my gears is, if you ask someone who supports gun control and has a leftist agenda, what they think about the founding fathers. I have found they usually write them off has relics from a previous time who's rules no longer apply; or where nothing special... even though they got us this far.

Last edited:
Gentlemen(and ladies),let's not forget why Brian started this thread(thank you Brian). The purpose was not to argue this amongst ourselves but to call or notify your legislator and let them know how YOU feel about this bill. This is our chance to affect the bill's outcome - don't blow it. Our discussion here makes no difference on the floor of the Senate or House.Even if you live in another country,write to them and tell them how,in your view,it affects basic American freedoms and you don't want it to influence future laws in your country.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A.J. do you really think that a non American citizen writing to a U.S. Senator would have any effect? If so, I would happily put pen to paper.
I have seen the effect of guns being banned in my country.

Pete, I really don't know. What it would do is make them aware just how much attention this bill is getting and that many people(even out of the US) are watching their actions. They obviously know you can't vote for or against them but it's got to start them thinking about how people in other countries got this info and what kind of scrutiny they're under as well as repercussions for a bad decision. Of course this,like everything else,is just an opinion. Those folks with 'no representative' would probably have to send the comment/e-mail/letter to a general destination for distribution to the specfic Congressional entity.Or,just pick a Rep with a lot of clout. A.J.

Welcome to the United States of America.
Where we can voice our opinions without fear of retribution, unlike many of the Communist countries out there..

My grand parents on both sides immigrated to the USA. One set from Holland and the other set from Germany - lucky to have escaped the grip of Adolph Hitler. My Grandfather (on my mother's side) was a brilliant engineer.. Just what the Third Reich was after and they already had his number. They left everything behind and escaped through the mountains in Austria.. So what I'm saying is that after learning from my Grandfather what kind of oppression is/was in those countries - I have a true appreciation for the rights we have here.

Isn't it great to be able to hold your own opinions and to be able to openly discuss them? I think it is...

Thanks. I love the US. I've spent my entire adult life here. I appreciate all it has to offer. I registered with the selective service after my arrival (back in '71) but never had the opportunity to serv. My admiration goes to all who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us.

Peter Fias

Back