USA GT40 Gatherings for Summer '07

Hi All-

I can not make the Knotts 4/28/07 gathering. I plan/will build a car but would like to actually see a couple in person this summer sometime. I'm located in Western MT & would probably fly-in to any "open" events just to examine the cars, not crash the party.

I would prefer a non racing situation only because I don't think it's a good time to "bother" or ask questions. I feel a show/gathering would be more conducive to talk & look. Most likely the little lady will be along, so other than a racing atmosphere would help cement the practicality of such a car....you know.

If there are any events within the Pacific Northwest, Midwest, or California this summer which would allow a couple hours of browsing, maybe some qustions, I'd be delighted to know about them, better yet- be invited. It is difficult to change my schedule, which includes 1 weekend/mo(usually), at the hospital. I could only hope some gathering/meet would fit my schedual.

So, whats going on this summer???:rolleyes:

Robes,
I'm in San Diego (just south of Bill) and you're welcome to come see my car too and take a ride as it has been on the road about a year.
Larry

Howard Jones

Supporter
The Western States Corbra Bash and it's track day on Friday would be good. There is no restriction on spectators in the pit area if they are a guest. I believe there will be at least 4 or 5 GT40s there. I will have my car there and If you fit we will try to borrow a helmet and gloves, and get you into my car for a ride along. Wear long sleeve cotton shirt, T- shirt underneath, long pants, jeans are OK, and shoes that don't melt, to the track. Don't freak out about this, it's just the general rules that you will encounter for most track day ride-alongs.

If you have your own helmet and gloves that's better. I can't fit people over about 5' 10" 170ish into my car. But if you are really interested, send me a PM and we can work something out.

I extend this to Rob only because I feel like doing so. Please don't everyone reading this think I'm gonna run a circus ride all day long. Sorry, but don't ask.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I think I'm booked for awhile.

As per Rons suggestion, I will be attending the Reno "games" in May, that should open my eyes! I hope to visit California when Bill gets his car road worthy this summer and also check out Larry's in San Diego. All-in-all, it should make for a well rounded viewing of the different options and manufacturers. ;) Thanks to everyone for the personal invites, very nice of you!

Hi everyone-

I have my plane/motel, & car reserved for Reno, so I'm coming!! I'm coming alone, all the better, I just want to see some GT40's and visit the venders, and get back to the "Great North Woods"! Sure wish RCR would be there, I'll probably get sucked into one of those other things..., hope not.

I'm psych'd to meet up with Howard at the track Friday and see his car. Anyone else going to be at the track? I then plan to visit the show Saturday 3-9pm. I hope anyone with a "40" will be at the show. I think Ron is planning to go with his Cobra? (not sure it will be easy to find Ron).

I'm flying in to specifically see the GT40's, and the couple of vender manufacturers which will be there. Maybe anyone else coming with their car could reply here or PM me, so I would at least know your name and what to look for, thanks, and see you May 18th & 19th:D

P.S. I'll be taking allot of digital pics and will gladly send all, or just the good ones, to those who allow them & would like to see them. 17 Days and counting!:lol:

My car will be finished this summer if you just want to come see it. I'll even take you for a ride.

I sure hope to!!

I have to ask Bill, why so long in paint? It seems you would have anticipated when to bring it in easy enough, yet why so long? I would hate to know my car was sitting in a shop that long, especially yours and what you've put into it. It's obviously doing allot of sitting there, I don't know, but I've seen (personally one too many) & heard stories. From my experience, mine would go in on paint day, and I would stop in daily after that.

I hope you know someone who works there who is personally watching out for it. Sorry for my insecurities, but maybe things always workout for you, not exactly my story....

Howard Jones

Supporter
Robes, I'm all set to go. I will arrive Thursday afternoon. Check at the front desk for me. Registered as Howard Jones. Thursday tech in garage area 4pm-8pm. Will leave for track at about 7am Friday. Long pants, long sleeve shirt.

Me and My daughter. I'm the ugly one. My car has 01 on it.

See you there. Howard.

Attachments

• HPIM0258.jpg
    HPIM0258.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 455
  • HPIM0438.jpg
    HPIM0438.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 455
Howie.
Betty looks fantastic ,I love the front fins and the black rims !. Cannot believe I am not going to be with you up in Reno at the track I did not think I would be available to go ,but now I could have and I'm bummed out.I know the track day has been booked out for months so its not worth the effort to try at this point .Lesson learned .book up early for next year. Any other Norcal 40's going up ?
Graham W

Robes, I'm all set to go. I will arrive Thursday afternoon. Check at the front desk for me. Registered as Howard Jones. Thursday tech in garage area 4pm-8pm. Will leave for track at about 7am Friday. Long pants, long sleeve shirt.

Me and My daughter. I'm the ugly one. My car has 01 on it.

See you there. Howard.

Thanks for the reply and info Howard. As long as I have no flight delays I'll look for you at tech, otherwise see you at the track! :D Car looks great...

Robes,

Sorry we cant be there but that is the Carlisle Import show weekend ...the largest Replica/Kit show on our calendar.

Have fun and but make sure to buy another plane ticket and come to Michigan soon...:D

Hello Robes,
I will also be attending the Cobra Bash. I won't be bringing a '40 or Cobra myself but will be doing some track day instruction. Look for me with the pregnant wife and near the original Cobra (#52) and Lotus 19B ( #19). I may also be able to offer a ride or 2 if the instructing doesn't get in the way.
Looking forward to seeing you again Howard. Can't wait to hear your car on the track.

Don

Howard,
Perhaps I can teach you best while sitting in that good looking new drivers seat. Really though, I doubt that you need any help. Should be a great time though. See ya there.

Hello Robes,
I will also be attending the Cobra Bash. I won't be bringing a '40 or Cobra myself but will be doing some track day instruction. Look for me with the pregnant wife and near the original Cobra (#52) and Lotus 19B ( #19). I may also be able to offer a ride or 2 if the instructing doesn't get in the way.
Looking forward to seeing you again Howard. Can't wait to hear your car on the track.

Don

Thanks Don, I'll keep an eye out for you too...:D

Back