V12 P 4

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
the 500hp one will be very special...its for a Ferrari collector that has some very nice cars....we may do the 512 for him next....

You can't get rid of my car!! LOL I'm going to have to try to convince you to build another one for me when I have the money. The 512 is one of my dream cars.

V12 Ferrari engined P4 replica coming in 07.....going to a customer in Ca.
Better late, than never, eh Fran ? ;)
We are using a Ferrari 365 engine with a ZF in a build after New Year...
Actually...Green...like David Pipers.........

Just kidding....it will be Red
What happened to that one, Fran ? :confused: Did it ever materialize ? Or is this it ?
Modified 930 trans....one thing you cant see in the pic too well is that there is already a plate mounted to the engine that has to be removed...this frees up another couple of inches... so its not too much of a big deal.
All the same, Fran - it will be interesting to see what half-shaft angles you achieve using that engine / tranny combo ....
.... unless you are planning a long wheelbase version of the P4, that is. :D

We are actually building two of similar spec...
Then I shall follow this thread with great interest. ;)

Nice, very nice. :D Will be great to see photos as things progress.
+1 :thumbsup:

And a 400 is a more likely source for the engine shown that Fran is using.
Yes – Looks pretty much like a stock Weber-carbed 400GT motor to me.

Last edited:
Good to see you're alive.
Thanks, Jim - kind of you to say so. ;)

Just been keeping very busy, of late - with updates to the register; posting on my own BB, email correspondence, etc. :( Plus we had a P4 replica owner's club meeting last weekend. Not a bad turnout of 7 cars (could have done with a few more cars in attendance, but it was the same weekend as Le Mans, and 3 of our 'regulars' went over to France for the 24 Hrs).

castlecombep4june2008ju1.jpg

Few more photos here, if anyone's interested: Retro & Sportscar action day 14th June 2008 Castle Combe - a set on Flickr

.... So not much spare time, at the moment, for posting on other forums like FChat; T.N.F. and GT40's I'm afraid.

But other than that .... life is good. :)

Back