Vintage chassis tags

A little clarification, The VIN plate image shown is reversed and the cam tag should have the CP in red. I had a little trouble getting the proper images to load because they were so large.

Hey guys

I have all the equipment to create replica Chassis tags and can turn them around in to time at all. If there's anyone who's got a car (and i'll want to see proof that its going on your car and not straight to ebay) i'll happily make you a plate and just charge you whatever it costs for P&P. PM me with your details.

Regards

dick

Whoa dudes! You're playing around with trademark issues there. I doubt you'll get any resistance from anyone over in Slough, but Holman Moody might not appreciate your use of their mark. I get really uncomfortable when "authentic" badges and emblems start showing up on replicas. That can be construed as deception. Instead of "Manufactured by" perhaps the plate could say "Built in the manner of" or "As though manufactured by" or some such thing. Just my 2c.

I am with Daryl on this; true Slough (Yeovil Ave /Banbury Road FAV/JWAE) does not exists but Ford do. So as long as Ford's name is not mentioned you might get away with it. GT40 the named owners as well might object? And of course Holman and Moody.
But I am speculating this needs a lawyers input. Alan Mann still has a helicopter business which I think would be trading under that name.
The Ford MKII's were constructed by Kar Kraft so I wonder if the tag was altered for them? Just my viewpoint.
Regards Allan

Ok guys you're right, consider my post a mistake. I made the tags I made for my use only and had nor have any intention of selling them to anyone. I made them because to the best of my ability, I was unable to find them elsewhere. I have no desire to infringe on copyright for profit so please disregard my earlier posts and I'll let someone else take the heat for making them.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I have no desire to infringe on copyright for profit so please disregard my earlier posts and I'll let someone else take the heat for making them.

Glad we've all come to our senses. The big up-side is nobody will get sued and have to tell people how they lost their home and car because they made some $20 novelty tags for some buddies who share the same hobby. That would be embarasing.

Plus, now nobody will have any poo on their shoes.

:dead:

To All,

These tags can be LEGALLY made for the genuine article that they were installed on originally. If you own a real GT40 but are missing/damaged the VIN tag / mfg. data plate, there are people that will make them for you. You simply have to prove that the vehicle is not stolen and is owned by you. This can be done through state police/ DMV vin # searches etc. It is done in the Muscle Car world on a regular basis. I recently had it done on a real 138 code '67 SS 396 Chevelle. An exact reproduction of the GM VIN door tag. All 100 % legal. There is a gentleman who advertises this work in Hemmings. PM me if you want the info.

Regards,
Scott

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Just to bring a little sanity in here:

How many of you have the word Ford in you sill stripes?

How many have affixed characters spelling Ford somewhere on your cars?

How many of you answering yes to the above have been sued by Ford? Now if you start making blue oval emblems, Ford will come after you. Do you see a blue oval on these ID plates?

I talked to Ben Miller last night and he confirmed my SWAG about what his goal was in designing his FAV plates. He also gave me his permission to recreate them and is sending me a spare set that he found at home. He also confirmed to me that he never experienced any repercussions from producing the plates: no visits from men in black, no cease and desist letters, no threatening phone calls in the middle of the night.

The AAAA crowd has already taken us to task because they are not identical to originals. (Absolutely Anal About Authenticity) My philosophy is that no one, except a VERY few devious types, wants to pass their replica off as an original car. (A don't ask; don't tell policy seems to work in this regard as well as it does in the military.:rolleyes: ) Therefore, an id plate that looks as though it COULD have been from an original, without being identical, is the best compromise. If someone has an original GT40 that needs an ID plate, they should and would follow Scott's advice. I certainly wouldn't expect them to use one of these on their car.

Lynn

Last edited:
Lynn, Well stated, Thank you. I'll place an order as soon as they are available using the continuation chassis no. on my car......Rick

Pat

Supporter
Hi Dick,

It looks like your mail box is full. Can you shoot me a PM with contact data.

Thanks,

Dick,
If you have any left I would like one. Your mail box is full or I would have sent it that way. Let me know what you need or require. Thanks,

Bill

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Here's the type I have - which I will not use.
And the real deal.

Attachments

• Chassis Plate.jpg
    Chassis Plate.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
I have set of 2 of these plates, large and small, I bought 3 years ago from B. Miller. Was going to put them on my R.F. GT40 replica #108. Now I would like to give them to someone else.

[email protected]

Back